Thread: Important Game Burning Question

my burner doesnt seem to want to burn cd images like bin or iso files...so i was wondering if anyone can tell me if i just extract all the files inside a bin and then burn it, will this be ok?

2. Games   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    What CD burning software do you use? I haven't come across any that won't burn disc images yet.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Get Nero.
    It will burn all the image files.

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by lucky_strike@22 March 2003 - 01:05
    my burner doesnt seem to want to burn cd images like bin or iso files...so i was wondering if anyone can tell me if i just extract all the files inside a bin and then burn it, will this be ok?
    NO!! This will not work, most of the time. The BIN, CUE or ISO image file contains vital information about the original CDROM, such as multiple tracks. These tracks can be DATA and/or audio.

Some CDs have multiple tracks for various reasons. Sometimes for copy protection. Some games require the CD to be inserted during play, that is when multiple tracks are important.

You can extract all of the information from the Image File, and it may work perfectly fine. Give it a try. What does a blank CDROM cost? 29 cents?

Your Burner may be fine, it is probably the software that can't use the image file. Try using several brands like NERO, ROXIO and others.

I get the best results from ROXIO Easy CDcreator 5.x Platinum.