Thread: Kazaa Lite 2.1 Won't Allow Me To Download

:helpsmile: The program opens up by clicking on the icon, and then when it starts, it usually won't allow you to search or downlaod for about 15 seconds or so, and then if you've got download that need resuming it will start resuming them and allow you to search for more files etc.

The problem is, the other night, the program instead of having a couple of million users, it sayed there was about 60,000 users. So thinking that there was something wrong with the program I reinstalled it over the top of the old one. Then I think I can recall clicking on an option that sayed about resetting registery keys, and since then, It will stay on the part where it isn't downloading or searching forever until the internet is cut off. I've re-installed it agin and again and it still won't fix the problem.

HELP ME FIX THE PROBLEM IT'S DRIVING ME MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    You need to find a currently active supernode to make an initial connection. By reinstalling a really old version, you've reinstalled a list of really old supernode IP addresses, and it can't find one that is still a supernode on FastTrack.

Download a newer version of kazaalite (or whatever) and install that, it should give you a better chance of connecting to an active supernode.

Alternatively, find a supernode IP address yourself and use KaZupernodes to connect to it.

Once you've connected once, your list will be updated, and you should be fine.

I'd suggest getting a newer version of kazaalite, something like 2.4.3 or above works well..

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    2.1? lmao y would u try 2 use such an old version let along even find 1 2 dl
    tYiA

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks barbarossa for the help.

Bowen747, The reason why I installed 2.1 was because I had the original downloaded file still on my computer, and the only place I can find to get a newer version of KaZaA Lite, costs me more money which I don't have to spend. Because I can only find the download on KaZaA Lites homepage
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 11:22 AM.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    You should never have to pay for any version of kazaalite! Some of the threads in this section point to places to get the later versions of kazaalite!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    if you go to the developements area, youll find at the end of the first post a link to download K-Lite 2.6.

NEVER pay for filesharing.
    anyone who charges money for filesharing is a SCAM!!!

Rafi