Thread: So Will I Get Cought?

I download stuff from Bittorrent daily. I have atleast 4 bittorrents active. Mainly movies, apps and music.

I'm on SBC yahoo DSL.

Explain please.

Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by weeble19@9 July 2004 - 15:14
    I download stuff from Bittorrent daily. I have atleast 4 bittorrents active. Mainly movies, apps and music.

I'm on SBC yahoo DSL.

Explain please.

Thanks
    did u mean will i get a cough? hmm depends on whether you wear a scarf when its cold or not. If ur throat gets dry visit the doctor..

hungrylilboy
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy+9 July 2004 - 16:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hungrylilboy @ 9 July 2004 - 16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-weeble19@9 July 2004 - 15:14
    I download stuff from Bittorrent daily.&nbsp; I have atleast 4 bittorrents active.&nbsp; Mainly movies, apps and music.

I&#39;m on SBC yahoo DSL.

Explain please.

Thanks
    did u mean will i get a cough? hmm depends on whether you wear a scarf when its cold or not. If ur throat gets dry visit the doctor..

hungrylilboy
    [/b][/quote]
    lol

No, not likely, but there a chance. i download almost 24/7 and i haven&#39;t been caught.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    What are you downloading and why are you worried about being caught?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Probably a noob who is afraid of getting caught. I was like that when i downloaded my first movie. Just make sure you have a firewall and ipblocker running and you will be ok (unfortunatly not 100% protection)
    blah blah blah... whatever...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by Bishtawiman@11 July 2004 - 04:05
    Probably a noob who is afraid of getting caught. I was like that when i downloaded my first movie. Just make sure you have a firewall and ipblocker running and you will be ok (unfortunatly not 100% protection)
    The IP blockin is a bit funneh subject.

As i see it, p2p is kinda like 2 phones calling, each have they own
    number (pc&#39;s has ip-numbers) so if you somehow get your phone-number
    blocked 100%, how teh feck I was to call you? (If you know better, lets hear it)

I think the IP&#39;s are not truly blocked, it is needed for the transfer to happen.
    There might be apps that somehow uses Proxys or similar things,
    but even Proxys are not 100% anonymous in all the cases, you could be
    traced back anyhoo.
    If you use 250 proxys on teh chain, all possible firewalls, encryptions and blockers etc, at the same time,
    in the end your UL/DL is about 1KB, max. Is it really worth it?
    Even then I wouldnt think the folks at FBI or whateva would be really
    not capable of tracing folks if realy needed.

Also i think teh feds should be more intersted cathing teh Kiddie Pr0n ppl that teh regular
    mp3-downloaders.

If you want 100% security, dont use p2p.
    If you use, teh security is just speculations and opinions.

I dont really know about the IP-blocking, hence im talking in this thread.

Im not scared over getting teh cold of receiving teh Real Luv-Letter from me ISP.
    I just dont care enough. Atleast not yet.

Spoiler: Show

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy+9 July 2004 - 16:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hungrylilboy @ 9 July 2004 - 16:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-weeble19@9 July 2004 - 15:14
    I download stuff from Bittorrent daily.&nbsp; I have atleast 4 bittorrents active.&nbsp; Mainly movies, apps and music.

I&#39;m on SBC yahoo DSL.

Explain please.

Thanks

hungrylilboy
    [/b][/quote]
    ROTFL. Good one man.

The chances of you getting caught are very slim. The MP3 enforcers tend to go for people with huge libraries. They just say that to scare you, and it works.
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.