Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motherboard Virgin

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    should ahve formatted then reinstalled.
    For future ref is this before or after fitting the board? My prob was I was'nt booting from cd but trying to install xp while a version was actually running anyway I'm back, new mobo in, both drives formatted and a fresh install of xp Now I just have to find out whats the latest versions of everything and get sharing

Btw Everything in hardware manager seems to be fine other than the ethernet controller, any 1 know where to start?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by keyser_soze@13 July 2004 - 13:16
    should ahve formatted then reinstalled.
    For future ref is this before or after fitting the board? My prob was I was'nt booting from cd but trying to install xp while a version was actually running anyway I'm back, new mobo in, both drives formatted and a fresh install of xp Now I just have to find out whats the latest versions of everything and get sharing

Btw Everything in hardware manager seems to be fine other than the ethernet controller, any 1 know where to start?
    Did you install mobo drivers ? Your new mobo should come with a cd with drivers.Do'nt use the xp ones.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by peat moss@13 July 2004 - 22:00
    Did you install mobo drivers ? Your new mobo should come with a cd with drivers.Do'nt use the xp ones.
    I hope you mean any available on the WindowsUpdate site, cos the install would've put them there if it had any.
    Any that appear on the WindowsUpdate site are signed and stable so there shouldn't be any problems using them anyway.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123