Thread: Another Opera Question

david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    I just upgraded to Opera from Netscape 7.1, but it lacks a feature I really liked that Netscape had.

If I wasn't connected to the internet and I opened Netscape, it automatically started dialing for me, but Opera doesn't do that.

Is there a way to access and enable this feature?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Try googling for an add-on for that feature, but I haven't heard of it on opera.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    When i had dialup, although i didn't use opera at that time (never have actually) i liked to just click start>network connections>then click my dialup connection (I had network connections shown as a menu item) and have it set to auto dial when i clicked that.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    I got to Network Connections and looked through the properties, but I don't see anything about autodial. Can you be more specific about where it is.

Another thing: Internet Explorer AND Netscape 7.1 both automatically connect to the internet when I open them when I'm not connected, so I don't think it's an issue with my connection settings.

I was reading through help pages on Opera support, and I saw something saying something about how Opera might be using the wrong winsock .dll file, so maybe there's a way to change the settings there?? I looked through preferences and stuff like that, and I didn't see anything about changing the dll.

Anyone have any ideas??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    here's a link that might help:
    http://my.opera.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=56459

it would help if you could include your OS, etc.. I use win98se- the dial-up is fairly clear here. I have followed the opera forum for a while, and it seems that dialup has been buried very deep in w2k and XP!!

the search is quite good - 'autodial' will get lots of items!