Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirc Sucks

Originally posted by Jay@10 July 2004 - 22:11
    usually my files get corrupted when i try to resume a file. if i download from a file biggining to end from one soarce then they usually come out ok.
    If you mean you resume with somone different that you started with I don't think you should do that because I have never had any problems with resuming from the person I started it with.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    _
    Set up resume rollback as described here: https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=80182

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by hi_what_is_up&#33;+14 July 2004 - 14:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hi_what_is_up&#33; @ 14 July 2004 - 14:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jay@10 July 2004 - 22:11
    usually my files get corrupted when i try to resume a file. if i download from a file biggining to end from one soarce then they usually come out ok.
    If you mean you resume with somone different that you started with I don&#39;t think you should do that because I have never had any problems with resuming from the person I started it with. [/b][/quote]
    yeah that&#39;s what i somtimes do because if i already download a gig of data from one source and it goes dead i have to go to another source tryin to get the rest of the file.

will try to avoid that in the future.

proud to be american

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Haven&#39;t used it that much, but whatever I dl&#39;ed from mIRC comes out ok.
    And the speed is always very good.

But got a question though:

Is there a way to search for files in mIRC itself,withouth the use of sites as ircspy.com?

Maybe a dumb question,but as i said....I haven&#39;t used it that much,so I don&#39;t know the thing inside out.

hmm...asspie

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Filliz there is no search engine on irc (mIRC just being a client to access the irc network). I don&#39;t think many irc users would really want one anyway. IRCSpy is fine, but the best bet is to get around and find channels you yourself are comfortable with.

I use K-Lite and irc for my downloads, and have had really good luck with things as far as files go. So in my opinion mIRC (and the whole irc network) are a fine place to get files so long as you know where you are going.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    is there a site where they list all the channels and the rooms and contents they contain.

proud to be american

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Originally posted by for3024@10 July 2004 - 04:47
    Mirc Sucks
    Actually your wrong there my friend, it is actually one of the best IF NOT the best dowloading program on the net. And no, you are not entitled to your own opinion so dont try to contradict me .

But really, you should just try to get used to it, I get the fastest easyiest and best quality tranfers on IRC than anthing else, the only thing that even comes close is DC++ but that is only becuase I can download full albums which I can&#39;t do on IRC.

Cheers,
    -RuSty13 B)

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Actually RuSty 13 there sure i full albums on mirc. Look for different rooms and servers. Also sometimes they come in .zip or .rar format.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    mirc doesn&#39;t suck&#33; i&#39;ve dled many full movies with no probs. just cuz u don&#39;t know which to dl doesn&#39;t mean it sucks. but i still prefer bt better. the only reason u might want to use mirc is if u want the file before someone starts seeding it with bt

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    i know.. u must have resume broken download from another bot, boy if u do that ull get corrupted file there r no other way to get corrupt file, never resume downloads from another bots, i had such experiance and if u search u may get same topic too much but always read pinn guides before u start such a post

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast