Thread: How Does Making Dvds Work?

Poster
    I've never copied a DVD in my life, and I've heard that it's more complex than simply copying a CD. But how is it done?

I got the punisher, a CAM copy from a friend who got back from Bali, bad quality etc, but on a DVD with DVD looking menus, a proper, moveable cursor (the Punisher Skull) subtitles, bonus features (trailer for SpiderMan Animated) How is this done?! You can't do something like this with normal VCDs with Neros menu maker can you?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by Vamp@10 July 2004 - 21:23
    I've never copied a DVD in my life, and I've heard that it's more complex than simply copying a CD. But how is it done?
    First: You rip it (remove copy protection and copy to your HD) with SmartRipper or DVDecryptor. A 10-25 min job depending on your DVD drive speed.

2nd: You need to determind if the DVD you copied is DVD-5 (single-layer/4.3 GB or smaller) or DVD-9 (dual-layered/ up to 8.5 GB).

If it's DVD-5, you can copy the files directly to a DVD±R/RW media.

If it's DVD-9: CLICK HERE
    * you can put the movie on 2 DVD±R/RW media
    * Stripped the extras (2nd/3rd languages, treailers, etc) to get it under 4.3 GB.
    * shrink it by reducing the video/audio quality until it's 4.3 GB or smaller with an proggy like DVDShrink,CloneDVD, etc
    * wait for "dual-layered DVD±R/RW media" comes down in price (it's about $15.00 per blank)

Goto http://www.doom9.org/ and http://www.videohelp.com/ for all of your DVD burning questions.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    And how would I make custom menus?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Originally posted by Vamp@10 July 2004 - 22:27
    And how would I make custom menus?
    Did you even look the sites? Click Here