Thread: Give Me A Mcfriggin Break !

Poster
    McDonald's faces 'fat oil' lawsuit

Don't go to friggin McDonald's to lose weight you fat cholesterol clogged idiots. They are like alcoholics going to a saloon complaining that the bar tender keeps serving alcohol.

DON'T GO TO McDONALDS, and expect to get GNC nutritious health food. Dumb Asses! Food does grow on trees.

You can't have your greasy "hamburger and fries" AND a healthy meal, eating at Mc-Friggin-Donalds!!!

Go to SUBWAY.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    well obviously the story is about some overweight person trying to blame someone else for their own lack of self control but the link doesn't appear to be working

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by vidcc@10 July 2004 - 18:11
    ...but the link doesn't appear to be working
    Sorry, you live in the wrong part of the world to recieve that website.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    It's not what was "obvious", you have to look at the story to decide what it is about

A San Francisco talk show host has filed a lawsuit against McDonald's, accusing the world's largest fast-food restaurant company of failing to switch to healthier lower-fat cooking oil as it had pledged.

McDonald's said it had not yet seen of a copy of the lawsuit, filed on Thursday in the San Francisco Federal District Court.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of radio talk show host Katherine Fettke by attorney Stephen Joseph, who also has sued to stop Kraft Foods from selling its popular Oreo cookies in California to children because the cookies contain trans fatty acids.

Trans fatty acids have been linked to increased levels of "bad" cholesterol and associated with clogged arteries.

The lawsuit is seeking class action status and alleges McDonald's was not fully using a cooking oil with reduced levels of trans fatty acids and has yet to publicly disclose that in an effective manner.

The company had said in September 2002 it would switch its cooking oil in a step toward eliminating trans fatty acids from its menu.

In the suit, Ms Fettke claims that she would not have bought McDonald's Filet-O-Fish and French fries for herself and Happy Meals, Chicken McNuggets and crispy chicken sandwiches for her children several times last year had she known the oil switch had not taken place.

"If they had a solution, what's the problem here?" Ms Fettke told Reuters.

"I thought I was getting a better choice as far as fast food goes."

McDonald's spokeswoman Lisa Howard said the company's oil switch was progressing, though at a pace slower than expected.

"In February of 2003, we made a broad public statement that the change in our cooking oil was taking longer than anticipated and would be delayed," she said in a statement.

Since then, McDonald's has reduced levels of trans fatty acids in its McNuggets and other chicken foods and the company is "committed to getting it right for our customers," Ms Howard said.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    "I thought I was getting a better choice as far as fast food goes."
    What Ms Fettke means is, "I thought I was getting a healthy, well balanced meal with absolutely no grease at all."

Ms Fettke, nobody is asking you to think. STFU and cook your own meals you lazy hog.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Or go to a proper restraunt
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    KFC
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Originally posted by Azzz@11 July 2004 - 00:42
    KFC
    HELL YEAH!!!

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Originally posted by {%shellshock%}+10 July 2004 - 23:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({%shellshock%} @ 10 July 2004 - 23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Azzz@11 July 2004 - 00:42
    KFC&nbsp;
    HELL YEAH&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Whatever makes you money quick.