Thread: Anti- Adware And Spyware

Even if you don't think you have the problem, you should read this topic anyway, because you might have it and you don't know it.

A while ago, I was downloading programs like KAZAA, Kiwi Alpha, WinMX, Grokster, Bearshare, etc., to see what worked. Needless to say, my computer f*cked up and I had to completely reformat the harddrive.

When my computer was finished, I couldn't pin it down to one specific program, so I tried installing some again. Then, I couldn't access the internet. My internet was still working but I couldn't get onto internet explorer. The hour glass would come up and the program would never start. If you have this problem, you probably have adware or spyware in your computer. Here's how to get rid of it.

*IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ*

If your IE/NN isn't working but your internet is, go to "My Computer" and type in a website in the "address" bar. It loads! Easy as that. To remove the spyware, go to spywareguide.com and access the "Online Spyware Scan" on the left menu bar. It's like an anti-virus for spyware! It'll find and snuff it all out. Restart your computer, and it's done! No more spyware! Wasn't that easy?
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Thats real cool of you to post that Zippy. Thanks.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    You could also read what the hell your installing with the program. Lots of 3rd-party software bundled with programs suck as.s.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Isnt there a spyware/adware firewall or somthing?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    spelunker121's Avatar Flailing about!
    Mr Blunt has some good advice...most of us rush thru an installation of software,games,etc....without giving the fine print a look. I myself have fallen victem in the past to "gator" cus I didnt read the text of the licensing agreement.

Oh well....live and learn.

Then we pass on the knowledge of our mistakes to others in the hopes that they dont do the bad things we have done....

peace
    Protect me from what I want!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Seriously.

How about using SpyBot, Spysweeper, Adaware, SpywareBlaster, Hijackthis and/or CWshredder.

Just to mention a few, good solutions.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by spelunker121@11 July 2004 - 15:33
    Mr Blunt has some good advice...most of us rush thru an installation of software,games,etc....without giving the fine print a look. I myself have fallen victem in the past to "gator" cus I didnt read the text of the licensing agreement.

Oh well....live and learn.

Then we pass on the knowledge of our mistakes to others in the hopes that they dont do the bad things we have done....

peace
    Yeah, I remember that that Gator Corp has financed tons of programs that now include their adware. I remember downloading DopeWars way back in the day and that Gator program gave me alot of grief. But, even though you may read fine print, it could sneak up on you. I hope it helped.

BTW, No problem, Savannah.
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.