Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P2p That Wont Eat Up My Adsl Cap?

Poster
    I have a 3 gig ADSL Cap, it sucks! I can only upload/download 3 gigs per month before my speeds are throttled down to nothing, It takes 45 minutes to load a page

This is why I can't use Bittorrent, seeing as it uploads a shitload so you can get decent download speeds, I downloaded Kill Bill Vol 1, and in two days, my cap was gone

So what P2Ps out of these Do NOT need to upload alot to get decent speeds and are safe to use also, which of these can get huge speeds without uploading alot? in other words, which P2P is like K-Lite and which are like Bittorrent?

K-Lite type GOOD

Bittorrent type BAD

Ares = ?

EDonkey2000 = ?

Overnet = ?

Limewire = ?

Emule = ?

Thanks alot for helping me out!
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    http://bittornado.com/

use this and if you wish choke your upload right back. settings can be changed your choice just be carefull in case your stats are tracked plenty of sites so no major problem

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    But if I set a tiny upload rate, will I still be able to get fast downloads?

I need to download fsat
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Vamp@26 June 2004 - 13:39
    No No fast downloads unless theres fast upload.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Originally posted by Arm+26 June 2004 - 20:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Arm @ 26 June 2004 - 20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp@26 June 2004 - 13:39
    No No fast downloads unless theres fast upload. [/b][/quote]
    Yup, and thats how it should be.

Lose your crap ISP and get a serious one.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    No point then really

I can&#39;t download gig files at 1kb/s &#33;

are any of those above P2P&#39;s in the Non-BT style?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Barky+26 June 2004 - 19:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Barky @ 26 June 2004 - 19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Arm@26 June 2004 - 20:14
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp
    @26 June 2004 - 13:39

Lose your crap ISP and get a serious one. [/b][/quote]
    Welcome to South Africa...

NO serious broadband ISP except for Telkom (Telscum), The Monopoly
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Vamp+26 June 2004 - 14:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vamp @ 26 June 2004 - 14:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Barky@26 June 2004 - 19:52
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp

Lose your crap ISP and get a serious one.
    Welcome to South Africa...

NO serious broadband ISP except for Telkom (Telscum), The Monopoly [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately for you, most p2p users are not very patient with leeching these days. In many ways it was this type of user that introduced the majority of problems that has lead to the collapse of FT. When the next generation of p2p started springing up (ed2k, BT, etc.) they began to incorporate anti-leeching features not just to discourage leeching, but also to weed out these casual users.

Sux that your ISP now makes you act as a leech but there is nothing much you can do unless there is a way to break free of them. P2p clients are going to become even less friendly to leeches as time goes by, not more friendly.
    My Best Quality MoviesMy Live Concerts — [url='http://rapidshare.de/files/22222332/My_Shares.xls.html[/url]

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Hi the some of the older Bt clients let you choke uploads but like every one says going be a problem I run k light and bt happy to help you if I can.

so what part of sa you from? my wife is going over in 6 months see her parents in Greyton she comes from cape town and trained at silwood just let me know if I can help you ok.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by Barky+26 June 2004 - 19:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Barky @ 26 June 2004 - 19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp

Lose your crap ISP and get a serious one. [/b][/quote]
    ditto - those kind of ISP really suck... also, don&#39;t download if you don;t plan to contribute AT LEAST 1:1. Remember there are alot of ppl who take filesharing seriuosly and surrender alot of their time to make files available to you (mvoies/series need to be ripped and formatted, eBooks need to be scanned and packaged, software needs to be cracked, etc. etc.).
    Holding on, to let them know What&#39;s given to me. To hide behind The mask this time. And try to believe.

If I can Remember To know this will Conquer me. If I can Just walk alone And try to escape Into me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast