Thread: Regional Restructions

I just burnt a dvdr and went to play it in my P.S. 2 and got, this disk cannot be played because of regional restructions.

That is because its a PAL format, Correct???

If so, Can it be convirted to NTSC format and what program would I use ????

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    DVDs can only be played in the country\area they were bought...

You can burn them with differnt region codes i think, but i have no idea how..

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    just use dvd decrypter to rip the dvd to your harddrive and change the region code and crap, then reburn

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Xilo@11 July 2004 - 08:06
    just use dvd decrypter to rip the dvd to your harddrive and change the region code and crap, then reburn
    Can I re- rip a DVD that is already on my hard drive ???

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by ricochet+11 July 2004 - 17:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ricochet &#064; 11 July 2004 - 17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Xilo@11 July 2004 - 08:06
    Can I re- rip a DVD that is already on my hard drive ???[/b][/quote]
    well you could mount an image of it, then rip from that image............

the question would be: WHY????

no seriously, there is no need to rerip it..... you allready have it on your comp, go from there...........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    The Play station 2 will not play a PAL format DVD. I did try it with DVD Decrypter. It took out all the Region Protection out and it still will not play with the P.S.2. I &#39;m thinking about going to a apex DVD player...

What I wanted to know if there is a way to convert it from PAL to NTSC ?? And If so How???

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    the region code is programed into the player. it allows only DVDs released in your country to be played on that machine. this is because movie makers/distributors release movies at different times throughout the world.

region codes have nothing to do with NTSC or PAL formats. NTSC is the TV standard in North America and Pal is used virtually everywhere else. they are dependent on the player. some players will play both formats(not many tho) and some will play only one format. you cannot change this with a simple hack as this is a hardware issue and not a software/firmware issue.

(although re-encoding the movie to the format of your choice should cover that issue)

there are ways of "hacking" DVD players to make them "region free." this can be pretty simple in a DVD Player but not so much in a game console such as the PS2 or the Xbox.

Videohelp.com can help with hacking your DVD player to "unlock" the region code and allow DVDs from around the world to be played on your machine.

hope that helps you guys understand...