Thread: .dat Files

LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    I just recently downloaded a movie that was 1.39 GB, but it is in .dat format... And I not really sure what program opens such a file, also i tried converting it to like an .mpeg but I always get these strange messages... I used such programs like, Dr. DivX, Nero, VCDGear, ezConvertor... But I still can't manage to run the Movie.. and I don't wnat to have wasted 7 hours dl'ing 1.39 GB... Anyone happen to have any ideas?
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    This is the wrong section for you to be posting in but it sounds like you were using Kazaa and the file either may not have finished downloading or an error occurred when finalising the download.

If the file is at all usable you should be able to view it in VLC - once installed, right click the dat file choose 'open with' then select vlc
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Sorry wasn't sure which sectiont o post it... But than yeah I didn't download the File from Kazaalite, I dl'ed from BitTorrent... So yeah, I don't know.. But I will gvie your Program a Try.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Sounds like an mpeg copied from a VCD. Try changing the extension to .mpg and see if your video software can open it.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    It is okays, I got it to work, Thanks Manker for the VLC Program, it helped, but I didn't really like how when I try to Skip Intro it freezes, the Sound/ audio works but the Video just freezes there... ANyway yeah got problem solved, thanks.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by LilAznAccommodator@11 July 2004 - 23:26
    It is okays, I got it to work, Thanks Manker for the VLC Program, it helped, but I didn't really like how when I try to Skip Intro it freezes, the Sound/ audio works but the Video just freezes there... ANyway yeah got problem solved, thanks.
    glad you got it sorted
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    did the freezing get fixed, or were you just referring to opening the file being fixed?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    The Freezing occurs when I try to Scan to a certain spot of the Movie..