Thread: Win32/parite

Just downloaded AVG 7.0 And a lot of my .exe files are comming up in the scan search sayin it is infected with that virus... is Win32/Parite a bad virus? do i need to worry about it?

thanks
    D

now ne time i try to open a program it tells me

windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access them....

pretty sure i do... I am the main and only person that uses this pc, its mines!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    that does sound pretty bad actually.

removal instructions for win32/parite are here but what you describe seems more serious than what that particular virus is capable of, has AVG identified any other virii?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by dee_madison2003@11 July 2004 - 17:03
    Win32/Parite a bad virus?
    know any good virii?
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Look behind you, you may not see me, but I am there
    I had that, my computer has not been the same since, I even reformatted... it still has alot of stuff wrong with it...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Ive' had it before. Perite.b.

It was on my comp for a while i think, infected ervye .exe file i had...on BOTH partitions.

Wasn't causing any problems except that Nero and maybe 1 or 2 other programs wouldn't open becuase they complained of incorrect file size.

So i tried an antivirus program to repair the infected files...ruined themm all, so i ended up deleting all of my setup files on my second partition then formatting the main one.

Since then I have always used an antivirus app.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Out of the many years I had my computer I only had 1 virus and caught it in 5 min after infection (without a virus scanner too).

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    _
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@12 July 2004 - 05:20
    Out of the many years I had my computer I only had 1 virus and caught it in 5 min after infection (without a virus scanner too).
    Ever since I got my first computer, I have never gotten infected by a virus. The only "bad" thing that happened to me was when I got my browser hijacked by CoolWebSearch. And that only happened once. But never again, I'm using Firefox now.

But anyways, the moral of this is, if it's 20KB, it's not what you're looking for.