Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Uk Confused

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    RGX is that you by the dustbin?

2. Lounge   -   #32
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by danb@11 July 2004 - 17:37
    RGX is that you by the dustbin?
    No, I think you'll find its an owl.....listen carefully...

*RGX hoots enthusiastically*

3. Lounge   -   #33
    The worrying thing is that there is a bird outside the window

4. Lounge   -   #34
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by danb@11 July 2004 - 17:40
    The worrying thing is that there is a bird outside the window

*RGX reminds himself to buy more animatronics*

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Its gone now

6. Lounge   -   #36
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    *Area cleared, mission accomplished*

7. Lounge   -   #37
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Withcheese+11 July 2004 - 12:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 11 July 2004 - 12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RGX@11 July 2004 - 17:11
    I&#39;m pretty near where DanB lives.
    Stalker

@j2k4: Northern monkeys are anyone who live in the north of england, RF, Bo, etc. [/b][/quote]
    Ah.

It&#39;s all clear now.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by j2k4+11 July 2004 - 18:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (j2k4 @ 11 July 2004 - 18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@11 July 2004 - 12:21
    <!--QuoteBegin-RGX
    @11 July 2004 - 17:11
    I&#39;m pretty near where DanB lives.

Stalker

@j2k4: Northern monkeys are anyone who live in the north of england, RF, Bo, etc.
    Ah.

It&#39;s all clear now. [/b][/quote]
    If you look carefully, you can see me on my map (i&#39;m very tall)

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

9. Lounge   -   #39
    brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    the &#39;northern monkey&#39;s&#39; southern counterpart is generally know &#39;oop north&#39; as a &#39;southern bummer&#39;. although to those without any grasp of the general context of this expression&#39;s use it could quite possibly seem homophobic and reactionary, it is actually more often than not deployed with much more with and intellignece (sic) than those it describes.

your common or garden &#39;southern bummer&#39; may dispute this, and patronisingly evoke images of cobbled streets, hovis n. a type of bread consumed largely by people in flat caps who work down coal mines, george formby and all-round orwellian bleakness. but don&#39;t listen to them. london is their home (because to your average northern monkey london IS the south), and it is in this cultural hotbed of confusion, misunderstanding, isolation and post-millenial sodium-glow despair that all that is foul with the uk is hatched, eg, the queen/ monarchy, the metropolitan police, the government, the mainstream media, tottenham hotspurs, the met bar, z-list celebrities, etc. and do you even know how much a pint of best bitter costs down south?

the north, while still tightly in the grip of abject decay, is a far more honourable place/ headspace. and don&#39;t argue with me. coz northerners are famously much harder than southerners.
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

10. Lounge   -   #40
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by brenda@11 July 2004 - 18:50
    the &#39;northern monkey&#39;s&#39; southern counterpart is generally know &#39;oop north&#39; as a &#39;southern bummer&#39;. although to those without any grasp of the general context of this expression&#39;s use it could quite possibly seem homophobic and reactionary, it is actually more often than not deployed with much more with and intellignece (sic) than those it describes.

your common or garden &#39;southern bummer&#39; may dispute this, and patronisingly evoke images of cobbled streets, hovis n. a type of bread consumed largely by people in flat caps who work down coal mines, george formby and all-round orwellian bleakness. but don&#39;t listen to them. london is their home (because to your average northern monkey london IS the south), and it is in this cultural hotbed of confusion, misunderstanding, isolation and post-millenial sodium-glow despair that all that is foul with the uk is hatched, eg, the queen/ monarchy, the metropolitan police, the government, the mainstream media, tottenham hotspurs, the met bar, z-list celebrities, etc. and do you even know how much a pint of best bitter costs down south?

the north, while still tightly in the grip of abject decay, is a far more honourable place/ headspace. and don&#39;t argue with me. coz northerners are famously much harder than southerners.
    Are yee caalin my pint a puff like?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast