Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Some New Speakers..

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Well I found these 5.1 surround sound ones for $29 on newegg.com! not a bad price for 5.1, but I'm no speaker expert here so do any of yall think they are any good?

Click here to take a look

Right now I have a crappy 2 speaker set I got 4 years ago that came with an ol compaq presario. They are starting to give me random "noises" which is a sign of age I assume.

I want to keep the expense under $40 hopefully.

btw, what are the benifits of having a sound card as well? Will I need one for 5.1? Does the quality improve what... 10, 20, 30% in clarity?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    angel_of_death57
    They nice speakers.

If you have a 5.1 sound it depends what connectors and all that you have. My ON board 5.1 system had 2 front speakers in Line out socket then 2 back speakers on Line in socket and sub woofer and center on mic socket.

It depends what sorto f sound card some have a optical or coxial out that can plug into a Dolby Digital Decoder.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I'm actually thinkin about going slightly higher on the budget to get these instead:

Logitec 5.1 Surround for $49

would I need a sound card for these, since my Gigabyte mobo only has 3 audio slots..
    input,output,mic.

If I do need a soundcard, is this one any good for the system mentioned above? :
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-102-165&depa=0

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@11 July 2004 - 19:01
    I'm actually thinkin about going slightly higher on the budget to get these instead:

would I need a sound card for these, since my Gigabyte mobo only has 3 audio slots..
    input,output,mic.

If I do need a soundcard, is this one any good for the system mentioned above? :
    Incredibly cheap for how good those speakers are, I have a set and they are pumping bass through my floor right now.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@11 July 2004 - 10:57
    They nice speakers.

If you have a 5.1 sound it depends what connectors and all that you have. My ON board 5.1 system had 2 front speakers in Line out socket then 2 back speakers on Line in socket and sub woofer and center on mic socket.

It depends what sorto f sound card some have a optical or coxial out that can plug into a Dolby Digital Decoder.
    If you want to use your mic ,your shit out of luck. You may have to install anouther cheap sound card to use the mic. I have a three speaker setup that sounds great .

http://www.nanosys1.com/spk-al-221.html

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    angel_of_death57
    Like i said before 3 outputs will work with a 5.1 system if your pc is that way.

Mine can its the Xear 3D woftware on my system that lets me config it all out.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    angel_of_death57

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@11 July 2004 - 11:15
    Like i said before 3 outputs will work with a 5.1 system if your pc is that way.

Mine can its the Xear 3D woftware on my system that lets me config it all out.
    Yes it will work , I was just wondering if he needs a mic. My sister was disapointed to find that on a brand new $1200 computer with 5.1 . That I had to install a $35.00 sound card so she could use a mic. Silly but true ,just a thought .

Edit : Wth a three piece speaker system you don't get the buzzing as well .

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    angel_of_death57
    You could get a logictech camera some have the mic built in mine does and its plugged into one of my USB's.

I would ratherh ave the sound system than the mic. You are right a mic would not work if you used the system i could use.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@11 July 2004 - 14:01

input,output,mic.

I have those logitech speakers.

They are very nice.

I also have the 4.1 version of them and they are also very very nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast