Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delay's Corporate Fundraising Investigated

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    LINK

Finally, this is being reported. Weird to read a day after watching "all the president&#39;s" men. I guess you have to tie Enron to it for anyone to care - but hey, ill take it.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Be careful what you wish for because the Enron scandal happened while Clinton was in office, and they gave money to both parties. Former Treasury Sec. Robert Rubin has plenty of exposure in Enron. Citibank was heavily invested in Enron and Rubin -- while working at Citibank-- was calling the Bush administration to help keep Enron from going under. Obviously no help was given.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    This will break j2&#39;s heart.

He is under the impression that it&#39;s Democrats who are more likely to make back-door deals with corporate America.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker@12 July 2004 - 08:25
    This will break j2&#39;s heart.

He is under the impression that it&#39;s Democrats who are more likely to make back-door deals with corporate America.
    Not quite true, but you&#39;re entitled to your opinion.

I was under the impression DeLay&#39;s actions had already been investigated, and this is one of those "fixation" thingies on the part of the other guy.

We&#39;ll see, I guess, and if he&#39;s guilty, we&#39;ll have to hang our heads and not mention Democrat malfeasence, because 1) It doesn&#39;t exist; and 2) If it does, you can&#39;t mention it, because 3) To do so is unfair and mean-spirited, and reeks of the politics of personal destruction.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by j2k4@12 July 2004 - 14:34

from the "Un to Tackle Spam" thread...
    Even though you deserve kudos for your approach, I don&#39;t think the Republicans would react as you say, though, if it could be done behind closed doors,the Dems would, but only for a substantial "soft" contribution.&nbsp;

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Originally posted by clocker+12 July 2004 - 16:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 12 July 2004 - 16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@12 July 2004 - 14:34

from the "Un to Tackle Spam" thread...
    Even though you deserve kudos for your approach, I don&#39;t think the Republicans would react as you say, though, if it could be done behind closed doors,the Dems would, but only for a substantial "soft" contribution.
    [/b][/quote]
    I never said never, did I?

Fie on you, too, for failing to recognize well-rendered sarcasm; are you under the weather?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    No, just a trifle peckish.

Time to hie meself off to the 5 Star Members Always Open All You Can Eat Buffet.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by clocker@12 July 2004 - 16:59
    No, just a trifle peckish.

Time to hie meself off to the 5 Star Members Always Open All You Can Eat Buffet.
    Wow.

I guess you have to be there, eh?

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Hell yes.

I&#39;ve gained 10lbs. in the past week.

And you should see JP lay waste to the shrimp cocktail...IRL the man is as large as a Sumo wrestler and very possessive of the potato salad.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Gee-

Whatta we got here, lessee-PB&J, surplus cheese, and powdered milk.

Yummy.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast