Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems Refuse To Release Tape Of Hatefest

spinningfreemanny's Avatar I'm everything you want
    Oh come on, There was not one instance of even name calling.... from what I can gather, he is saying that michael moore lied (not that he is a liar) and that they promote propaganda. Sorry I did not read "I wish Michael Moore dead" on that...

my 2 cents.
    Do you know everything? do you know 3% of everything? Could it be that what you don't believe in is in the other 97%?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #102
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by spinningfreemanny@18 July 2004 - 00:23
    Oh come on, There was not one instance of even name calling.... from what I can gather, he is saying that michael moore lied (not that he is a liar) and that they promote propaganda. Sorry I did not read "I wish Michael Moore dead" on that...

my 2 cents.
    Being compared to Goebbels is not exactly rooting for someone.....

or in the strange world of the media is it? Cue Twilight Zone music.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #103
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker,17 July 2004 - 17:22
    Bill O'Reilly: "Joseph Goebbels was the Minister of Propaganda for the Nazi regime and whose very famous quote was, 'If you tell a lie long enough, it becomes the truth.' All right? 'If you tell a lie long enough, it becomes the truth.' And that's what Stuart Smalley and Michael Moore and all of these guys do. They just run around [...] So who turns out for the screening of this movie [Fahrenheit 9/11] last night? You ready? Now, here are the celebrities that turn out. Here are the people who would turn out to see Joseph Goebbels convince you that Poland invaded the Third Reich. It's the same thing, by the way. Propaganda is propaganda. Okay? Billy Crystal. Martin Sheen. Leonardo DiCaprio. Ellen DeGeneres. David Duchovny. Sharon Stone. Meg Ryan. Ashton Kutcher. Demi Moore. Norman Lear. Rob Reiner. Jodie Foster. Chris Rock. Larry David. Jack Black. Matthew Perry. Diane Lane."
    You owe me $.50..
    No checks or money orders please.
    [/QUOTE]

I didn't note any death wishes, Clocker.

Hmmmmm.

I'll give you two bits for the effort, though.

Please try again.

Odd.

FOXNEWS is the arch-Conservative Republican media headquarters, but we can't even get anyone to admit any of the rest of the media is liberal?

I think I feel another hmmmm... coming on.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #104
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    No, no death threats.
    Just comparing people who showed up at a movie premiere ( many of whom just happen to be Jewish) to Nazis enthralled by Goebbels.
    No biggie, I guess.
    You want death threats?

Hmmm. let's see...this shouldn't be too hard...
    Oh, OK.

"In the Old West, and I would have loved to have been in the Old West, Al and I, we would have had a little shootout. We would have gone out on Willshire Avenue, six shooters. Now he's a much smaller target than I am, about 4'11, but he's wider and it would have been, you know, Clint Eastwood time, you know, I would have the cheroot, the serape, and I had my squint, and I would have put a bullet right between his head."
    -Bill O'Reilly Radio Show, June 2, 2003
    That should fit the Bill, eh?

Edit:
    Tired of ole Bill O?
    I know I am.
    How about some Ann Coulter?
    College Liberals = Traitors

A late January 2002 quote from Coulter's address to CPAC (the Conservative Political Action Conference).

"When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

Her words were applauded by National Security Adviser Condoleeza Rice, Secretary of Health and Human Services Tommy Thompson, and Lynne Cheney (wife of Vice President Cheney), all of whom were in attendance.

Yup, boy howdy.
    Those damn Liberals sure aren't as nice and civilized as the Conservatives are they?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #105
    Originally posted by clocker@17 July 2004 - 23:25
    "In the Old West, and I would have loved to have been in the Old West, Al and I, we would have had a little shootout. We would have gone out on Willshire Avenue, six shooters. Now he's a much smaller target than I am, about 4'11, but he's wider and it would have been, you know, Clint Eastwood time, you know, I would have the cheroot, the serape, and I had my squint, and I would have put a bullet right between his head."
    -Bill O'Reilly Radio Show, June 2, 2003
    Although I have no intention of jumping into the middle of this little conratemps, I just couldn't let this pass.

Shoot a bullet between his head?

I have heard of between the eyes.

Maybe they had 2 heads in the Old West, but then again a bullet between them would be a miss. So that wouldn't be a death threat at all.

I'm am very confused here.

And, I believe Clocker is up to 52 cents in earning if you are following along at home.

my 2 cents.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #106
    Originally posted by hobbes@17 July 2004 - 18:49

Although I have no intention of jumping into the middle of this little conratemps, I just couldn't let this pass.

I have it on good authority that the correct spelling is "contretemps".

But don't let me be pecksniffian about it.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #107
    Originally posted by clocker+17 July 2004 - 23:57--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 17 July 2004 - 23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@17 July 2004 - 18:49

Although I have no intention of jumping into the middle of this little conratemps, I just couldn&#39;t let this pass.

I have it on good authority that the correct spelling is "contretemps".

But don&#39;t let me be pecksniffian about it. [/b][/quote]
    Don&#39;t involve me in your "pecker sniffing" as I consider that crassitude.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #108
    Originally posted by hobbes@17 July 2004 - 19:07

Don&#39;t involve me in your "pecker sniffing" as I consider that crassitude.
    I am a Liberal...I can&#39;t help it.

Our hidden agenda requires everyone to join us in "pecker-sniffing".
    A Constitutional amendment is soon to come.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #109
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Originally posted by clocker@18 July 2004 - 03:15
    I am a Liberal...I can&#39;t help it.

And I am neither liberal nor conservative as I keep saying. Funny how liberal these days means "agree or you are wrong&#33;".

My god you people (yes clocker I said it, YOU PEOPLE i.e. liberals) all seem to be so utterly convinced that you are always right that YOU PEOPLE are now just as bad as the goddamn conservatives.

Actually what am I saying?

You are liberal and thus MUCH smarter than I most assuredly....

So there is no liberal media, it is 100% untrue and all the media out there (including the list I so kindly provided you) is completely unbiased and middle of the road.

Oops forgot my sarcasm tags.

That is why I find myself identifying with liberals less and less, which is more of a shock to myself than you could ever know, and the reason is I find a lot of liberals to be full of hot air blowhards who argue anything just to argue and be right.

It&#39;s like they opened the floodgates and everybody who had to shut up the last few years is now united in hating our President, so much so that anybody with ANY view other than yours must be wrong. That is crap, pure crap and I am really sick of it cause I hear it all day at my job from pushy rude assholes that claim to be liberal (which really means anything their parents were not), and then online from people like clocker who will even try to debate that the media does not lean towards the left.

WTF?

It almost made me quit posting in this thread such in my infuriation at some peoples inability to actually take something in and think about it before posting. And because I do not agree with the liberal constituants of this board I am now treated like some Bush loving conservative, which again I am not. Why? Cause I have a different and somewhat informed opinion. When did that become wrong?

Of course I have my own theories about the media personally, but that is for another day, and I for FACT have been misquoted in the NY Post, 9-22-2001 edition so I know first hand how the media manipulates things. I should say I was "paraphrased" heh, but still it made me see some things. Now here I see that more and more there are groups of people who say they are liberal roaming around like they now have carte blance. Like "the world hates Bush and America so now I can come out of the closet and diss even people who have a slightly different view than me". Unsettling and god I hope it changes over the next few years. Nothing wrong with political beliefs and the beauty of our system is we have so many points of view that it enrichens our country to the fullest. I just hope some of the loud mouths out there in my real life workd pipe down and some people on the internet stop taking it as their personal quest to smash down all who disagree with them.

I am allowed my own opinion right?

Also this: frustrating to present facts like before and get shot down like nothing. I actually spent my break going through all those mags so it would be an unformed post.

clocker- Blender was a mod here at one point and your avatar looked similar to his, that&#39;s all, had nothing to do with this thread really.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

10. The Drawing Room   -   #110
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@17 July 2004 - 19:57

And I am neither liberal nor conservative as I keep saying. Funny how liberal these days means "agree or you are wrong&#33;".

My god you people (yes clocker I said it, YOU PEOPLE i.e. liberals) all seem to be so utterly convinced that you are always right that YOU PEOPLE are now just as bad as the goddamn conservatives.

Yea, you do keep saying that, although for the life of me I can&#39;t figure out why.

I am not an asshole because I&#39;m liberal, I&#39;m an asshole who just happens to be a liberal.
    A fine distinction, but relevant, I think.

If at any point you had said "In my opinion the media is biased" we won&#39;t be where we are now.
    Instead, you tried to foist off this assertion as though it were a proven fact...proven because "there can be no doubt" and "everyone will agree".
    Sorry, but that boat don&#39;t float.
    Of course I have my own theories about the media personally, but that is for another day, and I for FACT have been misquoted in the NY Post, 9-22-2001 edition so I know first hand how the media manipulates things.
    In a previous post you listed this paper under Conservative Media.
    Oooops.
    clocker- Blender was a mod here at one point and your avatar looked similar to his, that&#39;s all, had nothing to do with this thread really.
    Oh.
    I think you meant Bender.
    I miss him.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast