Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: Dems Refuse To Release Tape Of Hatefest

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@21 July 2004 - 10:26

my point mainly was
    1) FST = relatively civilized and moderated relatively fairly
    2) forums like FreeRepublic = hatefest or get out
    I agree and didn't call it into question, i just picked up on the singers issue

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #152
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@21 July 2004 - 12:26
    eh.  maybe she's becoming one of those "protest singers" i hear so much about.

my point mainly was
    1) FST = relatively civilized and moderated relatively fairly
    2) forums like FreeRepublic = hatefest or get out
    3RA1N1AC-

Surely you must admit there are liberal sites to counter the one you object to; sites which would react to me, for instance, as they did to you.

Extremism is a vice no matter who practices it, wouldn't you say?

BTW-here is a quote from the lovely and gracious Ms. Ronstadt which indicates rather strongly her love and tolerance of all people:

"It's a real conflict for me when I go to a concert and find out somebody in the audience is a Republican or fundamental Christian. It can cloud my enjoyment. I'd rather not know."

How is it, exactly, that she stumbles upon this information while she's supposed to be singing?

That should do wonders for her attendance, huh?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #153
    but i didn't object to the site until they tossed me out. it wasn't so much the hatefest part as much as it was the "or get out" part. i really wanted to be a freeper. at least until FST got back online.

and... i'd have thunk that ever since her affair with Jerry Brown (ex-Moonbeam of California), people are pretty much aware that she's a bit of a trippy hippie? so what's the big surprise?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #154
    Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC@22 July 2004 - 01:09
    and... i'd have thunk that ever since her affair with Jerry Brown (ex-Moonbeam of California), people are pretty much aware that she's a bit of a trippy hippie? so what's the big surprise?
    Well, one might assume that age would arrive with a modicum of reason in tow; look at Jerry Brown-he is, in fact, a mere shadow of his former self.

My God, even Madonna has grown up a wee bit.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #155
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Surely you must admit there are liberal sites to counter the one you object to; sites which would react to me, for instance, as they did to you.

Extremism is a vice no matter who practices it, wouldn't you say?

I couldnt agree more.

However, havent you just spent the last week saying that there arent any Republican extremists?

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #156
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@23 July 2004 - 11:55
    However, havent you just spent the last week saying that there arent any Republican extremists?
    No, certainly not; Clocker and others have run themselves ragged trying to prove that they do, indeed, exist; they've had success on approximate par with Bush's search for WMD, which, by the way, gives rise to another thread-as soon as I can Google up a column.

When you see it, read it carefully, please, before we discuss it?

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #157
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    "They sure love them some George Bush".

This from an article in the recent Village Voice concerning fun of the mill everyday Republcans. Anybody see the inherent judgementl snobbery in that statement right there?

Just saying (once again) to y'all liberals, just cause you think it doesn't make it right. And that does not make me a Bush fanatic Conservative for saying so.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

8. The Drawing Room   -   #158
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@24 July 2004 - 20:28

Just saying (once again) to y'all liberals, just cause you think it doesn't make it right.
    Of course the obverse is equally as true.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #159
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Ecch sorry about the spelling, it was late and beer was involved.

What I have been trying to point out clocker is that yes the opposite is true, but that has been "known" for a long long time, and that now we are in an era which for whatever reason, the left which had always been one thing has turned into a mirror reflection of that which it claims to be against.

And I mean that in terms of the regular people not just the politicians, and it also seems to me that nobody on the left is willing to point that out.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516