Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Going On With Kazaa Lately

Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    After thinking about people having troubles with low member counts on the Kazaa Lite p2p client, something in my mind just clicked. I remeber that there was a plan by the people who make Kazaa to weed out K-lite users, by making older versions of the program incompatible with newer ones. In other words, the last offical build of K-lite was built upon the (I only believe, it maybe even an earlier built) 2.4 Kazaa regular client.

To make it short, I believe that K-lite (v 2.4) supernodes can no longer connect to other "regular" Kazaa supernodes. However, normal nodes regardless of the version of Kazaa they are running can still connect to any supernode.

For example, if you start K-lite right now, you will only see some 80 thousand users online (you are connected to a K-lite based supernode). However, if you jump supernodes a few times you will notice the user count will eventually raise to about 2.4 Million (you are connected to a regular Kazaa supernode).

This will result in a very fargmented network. To what benefit I do not know, but I don't think it's going to be good.

All of the above is just a theroy.....
    But, I'd like to think it is an educated one.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Sound educated and perhaps that has finally happened...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    *bump*

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    if the means that we have own "k-lite" network maybe this is a good thing. No more fakes from noobs sharing them or anything.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    but if you search for a file and look at the user(s) who have it you still see "defaultuser@KaZaA" and such...unless those are KaZaA users using a version at or below 2.4 of Kazaa Media Desktop...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    That was the same thought many had when Sharman first thought of trying to weed out k-lite users by not alowing them to connect with regualar Kazaa users. That was over a year ago, when this was still the K-Lite Forum.

Given the current situation, K-lite users could choose to connect to the main network by jumping supernodes. However, regular Kazaa users, not being able to jump supernodes could not connect to the K-lite network of supernodes.

However, I think it makes K-lite users a easier to find target for the powers that be.

*If I had to guess I would think that there is some script in the Kazaa 2.6 software that keeps them from connecting to supernodes running older versions of the Kazaa software after a certain date. It's the only reason I can think of why this is a all of the sudden thing.*

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    blank BT Rep: +1
    except the latest version of k-lite uses 2.6....
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by hungrylilboy@12 July 2004 - 19:35
    I don't think those users are having problems.

Also, I download the latest offical version of Kazaa from thier site and had no problem with user count.

I believe this, whatever is happening, is only happening to users of the 2.4.X version or older versions of the kazaa software.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Broken+12 July 2004 - 19:37--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Broken @ 12 July 2004 - 19:37)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hungrylilboy@12 July 2004 - 19:35
    I don&#39;t think those users are having problems.

Also, I download the latest offical version of Kazaa from thier site and had no problem with user count. [/b][/quote]
    err so whats the prob then? if people kept up to date they wouldnt be moaning...
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    just intersting to see the creation of a sub-network.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast