Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pm's

Our Mods are people and react to personal public attacks as people tend to do.

Why is it so hard to send a polite PM to a mod (we all have ones we feel closest to) to ask for clarification and express your point.

I have been completely satisfied with my results from such a tactic and I think Billy Dean would still be with us if people hadn't trashed the board as they did.

Continued threads only aggravate and cause the ego behind the Mod to dictate action.

Obviously Sam was not banned for the conflict with Ad, that was just a simple spat. Remember that Funky complained that Sam sent him a PM that crashed his computer and also threatened to do it again. This is behavior that is not acceptable under any circumstance.

All I am saying is that we may not be privy to the cumulative data which resulted in SAm's ban, and I am sorry that he is gone, but our most effective tool for gaining information and getting SAm back is polite PM's to the Mods we know best.

Openly criticizing other mods, stupid signatures, and innumerable threads only galvanize the resolve of the Mod team to stick together and keep the ban intact.

Psychology is more important than reality.

*This may be deleted, I re-posted it in a more appropriate place.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I agree, you ass-kisser.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. Lounge   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    now, let's all sing Kumbaya.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by Sparsely@13 July 2004 - 01:25
    now, let's all sing Kumbaya.
    Singing is fun, but being able to deal with conflicts constructively is useful.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Mr Hobbes, i would dearly love to send you a "PM"

Please give me an address where i can send our current "PM", a one Mr Tony Blair!

6. Lounge   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Arrgh...

Not another PMS thread.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Been there, done that, doesn't work..........

I'm not in politics here.

But to each his own.

yo4

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Yeah well, it wasn't I that started the free sam threads, I'm not sure why they were all started, but I reckon cheese and the others had their own reasons.

That is, except for the one thread that got me moderated, and I'm not quite clear on the exact reasons as to why I did that even.

I reckon it was a spur of the moment protest thing. Or possibly a "piss off error"- thing.

Sam had nothing to do with the pile of free sam threads in here either, don't think he knew about them until after.

I thought about whether he might get in trouble for the "campaign" alone. But unlike in other cases, sam had nothing to do with the thing, and I know at least one mod knows this, so the "campaign" shouldn't have anything to do with his banning I hope.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Well I have been away must have missed something

10. Lounge   -   #10
    What did sam do? Sorry, but I'm totally lost with all this stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast