Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Adapter Question

Sheesh!! All muchspl2 is saying is that the svcr's have the connections. Whether or not the video quality and recording quality is different is completely beside the point.

I don't know how we even got on that topic (too lazy to read back)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    lynx's Avatar .
    Panasonic NVSV121EBS

It wasn't hard to find a s-vhs recorder which doesn't have s-vid connectors, but no doubt you will tell me Panasonic don't make quality products. I knew you were wrong because my brother has one of these (or something very like it).

What you should have realised it that in Europe the Scart connector is muh more prevalent. It is prefered because it has all the signals for audio, video (both composite and RGB) and data, input and output, in a single 21-pin connector. The specification is different from s-video but provides just as good quality.

You should also learn to read. I've never said that many svhs recorders don't have s-video connectors, just that the two are not related, but you insisted that svhs recorders MUST have s-video for quality, and that is total bullshit.

Edit: btw, your 5 years selling electronic equipment doesn't count for much compared to nearly 30 years working with and even building electronics. But the thing I've found most useful over the years is the ability to spot a bullshitter at first sight.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    muchspl2
    well in the us I have never seen a s-vhs vcr that doesn't have a svid input/outputs
    yours is no doubt because of the scart output, its a shame you can't show me one thats sold in the us
    BTW the panasonic is a fine unit, great brand, but they are the ones that feature "quasi playback"
    ultimately you're the one who is full of shit if you really think that a majority don't have svid inputs/outputs
    what a dick who can't admit he is wrong...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by muchspl2@15 July 2004 - 14:28
    what a dick who can't admit he is wrong...
    You said it.

VB, how about a poll?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx+15 July 2004 - 10:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 15 July 2004 - 10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@15 July 2004 - 14:28
    what a dick who can&#39;t admit he is wrong...
    You said it.

VB, how about a poll? [/b][/quote]
    poll of what? Who&#39;s right?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    muchspl2
    no poll necessary
    s-vhs vcrs have s-vid inputs.
    end story

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    lynx's Avatar .
    I&#39;ve provided proof that you are wrong.

All you have done is mouth off.

If you don&#39;t want to admit you are wrong, that&#39;s up to you.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    muchspl2
    but I contest your proof is flawed
    all you provided was a s-vhs vcr that is sold over seas that has scart, you do realize that scart is the exception not the "rule"
    every svhs vcr I have ever sold/deal&#39;ed with has had s-vid inputs
    scart is unheard of in the us, at least I have never seen it
    that is the difference between us and pal I guess:/ maybe you&#39;re just a dick IDK
    strike that, you&#39;re just a dick

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    lynx's Avatar .
    Ha, I show you a link to a manufacturer&#39;s website but you think they are the ones who have got it wrong?

I&#39;m sure if I looked at other manufacturers selling outside the USA I&#39;d find the same thing, but quite frankly you aren&#39;t worth the effort. You think that because you&#39;ve got something in the USA it has to be the same worldwide, but the rest of the world seems to prefer more elegant solutions.

Seems all you can do on here when you are wrong is get nasty.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    muchspl2
    truth hurts
    we don&#39;t all live in the uk
    I tried to tell you but you incest that your right
    so do you really think rf is better than s-vid as a input :/
    is that the selling point of s-vhs vcrs in the uk
    not sure, just going off what I KNOW&#33;

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast