Thread: Limewire On Startup

I dont want Limewire to start when windows loads up. Is there a way i can "disable" Limewire from runnin on start up?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Originally posted by dOomed@13 July 2004 - 19:14
    I dont want Limewire to start when windows loads up. Is there a way i can "disable" Limewire from runnin on start up?
    There is probally some way to disable it in Limewire options, but the best way is probally

Start/Run/Msconfig/Startup Tab/uncheck Limewire.exe or whatever its called.

~Digital Nirvana

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Well I only had it on my pc for a couple days so not exactly sure but there should be an option for that in your limewire options. If not, just delete and re-install and check the correct box (you should have been asked someplace for it).

I have to say there are less fakes per file on limewire, but the speeds suck for Limewire(PC version), it slowed down other apps and made IE load slowly. Used it for mac and it seemed more stable and faster (no it isn't my connection). Good luck with it, I gave it 4 out of 10 personally.

-SJ™

Edit: Just checked the start>run>msconfig>startup option Digital Nirvana had suggested, and it should be in there. Well I still have a check box for limewire which I removed but guess I have more work to do getting rid of it and that infernal Limeshop thing....
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@13 July 2004 - 19:22
    If not, just delete and re-install
    Please stop "helping" people, thats a waste of time and energy..I'm almost positive that there's an option to disable it on startup in Limewire options, but again, if not then just use Msconfig. No use reinstalling for such a small problem such as this.

~Digital Nirvana

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thanks! You guys are quick.