Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thirteenth Vote

Retired
    Originally posted by manker@13 July 2004 - 12:11
    (@ IKE too) You seem to think that because you are fully briefed on the circumstance that you (the mod team) posess the only opinion that counts and that all other opinions on the matter should be disregarded.
    Well I think mods/admins should choose if someone should be banned or not. thats how it was in the past and how it will be in the future in my opinion
    We don't ignore the opinions of the members because if we did we already had all the sam4 topics moved to the trash. but what should we have done otherwise?
    Put him on moderation and create a topic here asking if we should ban him or not?

The problem is now that we banned a member that many people liked here. but it was a fair ban. because he did enough to get banned imo.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Forum Star
    But you replied to me and quoted me. But I don't care about that.

but the thread isn't about you, but i dont care about that either

as i've tried to explain, when someone signs up they agree to stick to the rules. i wont go in to specifics, but Sam's level was already beyond the point of the guidelines we follow, to discuss a ban. meaning that he had already went through stages of warnings/pm's/moderation

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I know the mods are following board rules to the letter and I know Sam broke those rules, that is beyond dispute. Of course the mods are well within their rights to ban Sam.

Since the mods know all connected relevant issues, you will also know that there are mitigating circumstances and that there are people who have done worse things and not got banned. That is why some members are upset. That is why some members are asking for leniency in this case.

However, I'm not going to debate with a brick wall. Thanks for treating my posts seriously and providing some answers, at least.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    pol, you had better start taking these people seriously. After all, look how they contributed to this thread(beginning page 5).

As you can see, they are only in it for the betterment of the board. They do not jump in just anywhere and post nonsense which could be interpreted as spam or just plain ruin a good thing.

They are all about the rules and the smooth running of the board.

TD

The above is not directed at everyone arguing for sam but to a basic group of people here who seem to enjoy doing this type of thing to many members/threads here. They pretty much jump in as a group and spoil it for the originators of the thread.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani@13 July 2004 - 11:41
    pol, you had better start taking these people seriously. After all, look how they contributed to this thread(beginning page 5).

As you can see, they are only in it for the betterment of the board. They do not jump in just anywhere and post nonsense which could be interpreted as spam or just plain ruin a good thing.

TD

The above is not directed at everyone arguing for sam but to a basic group of people here who seem to enjoy doing this type of thing to many members/threads here. They pretty much jump in as a group and spoil it for the originators of the thread.
    What does that have to do with this issue in any way shape or form?

If you have a problem with the way people post in the lounge then I suggest you make your own thread and not try to troll others with an off-topic argument.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by tracydani@13 July 2004 - 12:41
    pol, you had better start taking these people seriously.  After all, look how they contributed to this thread(beginning page 5).

As you can see, they are only in it for the betterment of the board.  They do not jump in just anywhere and post nonsense which could be interpreted as spam or just plain ruin a good thing.

TD

The above is not directed at everyone arguing for sam but to a basic group of people here who seem to enjoy doing this type of thing to many members/threads here.  They pretty much jump in as a group and spoil it for the originators of the thread.
    Ah yes that About you thread, a great piece of Hardware Talk if I ever saw one

Besides seriuos topics aren't meant to be in teh lounge, thats waat the Talk Club was invented for

Edit - Sorry TD, are you having a pop at people for replying to it or at Pol for moving it?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by danb+13 July 2004 - 11:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 13 July 2004 - 11:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@13 July 2004 - 12:41

TD

Besides seriuos topics aren&#39;t meant to be in teh lounge, thats waat the Talk Club was invented for

Edit - Sorry TD, are you having a pop at people for replying to it or at Pol for moving it? [/b][/quote]
    Actually Dan, I think TD was saying that the people who post in the louge aren&#39;t necessarily moronic spammers.

A backhanded compliment
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by manker+13 July 2004 - 12:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 13 July 2004 - 12:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by danb@13 July 2004 - 11:55
    <!--QuoteBegin-tracydani
    @13 July 2004 - 12:41

TD

Besides seriuos topics aren&#39;t meant to be in teh lounge, thats waat the Talk Club was invented for

Edit - Sorry TD, are you having a pop at people for replying to it or at Pol for moving it?
    Actually Dan, I think TD was saying that the people who post in the louge aren&#39;t necessarily moronic spammers.

A backhanded compliment [/b][/quote]
    I think TD was trying to be sarcastic, kiss up to the mods and derail a good thread with a spot of trolling.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Withcheese@13 July 2004 - 12:02

I think TD was trying to be sarcastic, kiss up to the mods and derail a good thread with a spot of trolling.
    i disagree. and i think it&#39;s a shame that while you ask us to be aware of other peoples points of view, which we try to as much as possible, you seem to disregard other peoples opinions at will

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by tracydani@13 July 2004 - 12:41

TD

Again, read the threads before you comment I know it&#39;s hard for you, but on occasion, you could try, cheese&#39;s first comment was if anything defending the bloke who had posted the picture of the girl.

As for the rest, it really didn&#39;t get harsh until a couple of hardware world folks came in critisizing everybody in the lounge, as an explanation to why they&#39;d been breaking the rules by placing an off-topic thread in hardware world.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast