Thread: Abc Client Setup

Poster
    with ABC i leave around 3- 6 torrents going
    i have max peers set to about 50 connections per trrent i think that is
    i set my upload to about 20k (30k is my max) - i let ABC dish out the upload to the torrents im downloading,

im not getting as good a speed as i'd expect with the well seeded torrents I have
    do i need to change my settings or just downloads 3 torrents at a time max?
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    sounds good to me.
    what&#39;s the question?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    well i just tried out G3 again after dismissing it earlier, and the same torrents are getting much better speeds.

even so im still gonna give this new version of abc a look at

one big thing i noticed about g3 is that after a day and a night of leaving it on, i could go back to my PC and actually open folders and close applications without my system screaming at me

I like G3
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    In "Global Upload Setting"
    set maximum uploads to 2 (thats per torrent)
    overall upload rate when downloading to 5 (again per torrent)
    upload rate when not downloading to 20 (ditto)
    and upload til 125%

EDIT: I could not get accurate tracker info from G3 it never seemed to know how many peers/seeders where on a torrent....so I&#39;ve come back to ABC

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster
    why restrict to 2 per torrent,dont i want as many people connecting to me as possible?
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Because if your uploading at 5kb per torrent (while downloading) your only sending 2.5kb per peer ,

Remember to increase this when seeding

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    dont i want to try and spread the 5k amounts as many peers as possible so that to gain interest?
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>