Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This A Decent Pc Deal?

Poster
    Athlon 64 3200 Skt 754 64-bit 800FSB 1024k L2 + Heatsink+Fan

Alum atx 300w midi tower case front front light, usb & audio (cs-atx-4618)

Chaintech Zenith Value VNF3-250 NF3 250, 6-ch Audio, DDR400, USB v2.0, AGP8X, SerialATA150 RAID, AMD 800FSB

PC-3200 DDR400 SDRAM 512MB (Kingston Value) X2

Chaintech 7.1 Channel VIA Envy 24 PCI 3D Sound Card

Western Digital 200 Gb 2048k, ATA100

Radeon HIS Excalibur ICE-Q 2 X800 Pro

LG 16X/52X with Power DVD XP - black

LG GSA-4081B Int DVD-Writer multi-format (8x DVD+R)

For $1345

Is this a decent deal? I'm mainly going to be using this PC for Analogue Video Capture (till I get a DV cam) So I'll just move the TV Tuner/Capture Card I have now to that PC, I would like to capture in uncompressed AVI, my PC now (1.7ghz Celeron) can't handle that and I get so many dropped frames its not funny, so I'm reduced to capturing in VCD MPEG. Will this PC be able to handle uncompressed AVI better (which is like 5 megs a second, or should I carry on capturing in VCD on a new PC)

Also, will this PC be able to handle games currently out now and coming out in the near future? I havn't been able to play a PC game nicely in the last 2 years.

Also, what does the feature "DVI" on the 3D Card mean?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    US funds? I think thats the CPU superdude was talking about . I'd buy it ,never look back.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Well, converted from South African rands (PCs are damn cheap here) to USD.

But are those parts good for what I'd like to use it for? I mean, the Hd has a small buffer and the Ram is Mushkin or any of that other crazy shit I heard about.
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Vamp@12 July 2004 - 12:49

But are those parts good for what I'd like to use it for? I mean, the Hd has a small buffer and the Ram is Mushkin or any of that other crazy shit I heard about.
    Two words , I'd give my left nut for it . Edit: ok 7 words so who counting .

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Seems like a "decent" enough deal to me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    The parts are sweet, but I don't know about the pricing, as I'm not sure of the exchange rate.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Seriously though,. there are people whol are dissing me because it's not a hard-drive with an 8 meg buffer and because the ram isn't mushkin, how well would this thing be able to run games and capture video/
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Hell, the things got the chip AND the video card to easily handle any game you can name.
    The memory is easily upgradable should it be necessary and if you were seriously interested in HDD speed you wouldn't dick around with an IDE drive anyway- be it 2 OR 8MB cache- you'd be running Raptors in Raid array.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    $1345x1.37(CAD)=1842.65
    I would dump the X800PRO for just a R9800PRO.
    What are you going to to do with X800PRO? The games run smoothly on max settings for a R9800PRO.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by peat moss+12 July 2004 - 16:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peat moss @ 12 July 2004 - 16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vamp@12 July 2004 - 12:49

But are those parts good for what I&#39;d like to use it for? I mean, the Hd has a small buffer and the Ram is Mushkin or any of that other crazy shit I heard about.
    Two words , I&#39;d give my left nut for it . Edit: ok 7 words so who counting . [/b][/quote]
    I wouldn&#39;t.

ya, looks like an ok deal.
    Power supply definately won&#39;t be good enough, go for a rband name one. Enermax, thermal take, zalman, or antec. And Atleast 400watts.

Why a 7.1channel soundcard? The onboard sound on most high end boards these days will be better although only 6 channels. Instead of buying that expesnive soundcard you could go for a nicer motherboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast