Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Private File Library At Fst?

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by lynx@13 July 2004 - 19:30
    And with a forum this size you can bet it is being watched and that there will be some spies.
    Like who, Guest?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by shn+14 July 2004 - 17:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 14 July 2004 - 17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lynx@13 July 2004 - 19:30
    And with a forum this size you can bet it is being watched and that there will be some spies.
    Like who, Guest? [/b][/quote]
    It isn&#39;t exactly hard to become a member here, is it?

I suspect there may even be people at RIAA who are capable of managing it.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by lynx+14 July 2004 - 18:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 14 July 2004 - 18:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by shn@14 July 2004 - 17:49
    <!--QuoteBegin-lynx
    @13 July 2004 - 19:30

Like who, Guest?
    It isn&#39;t exactly hard to become a member here, is it?

I suspect there may even be people at RIAA who are capable of managing it. [/b][/quote]
    Only the very elite.

Luckily they haven&#39;t figured out how to log in yet.

But they have their crack team on it.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Im rather suprised that this topic is even here and I just cant imagine this being a good idea. We alreay have similar places that were created through this forum. I guess a tracker may be ok but I still cant really see any of this as being a good idea in the long run...

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    Poster
    What&#39;s wrong with The Lounge.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Site Owner
    Well Basically I wanted and idea to increase the traffic and discussion here at FSt.

Brian

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@14 July 2004 - 19:07
    Well Basically I wanted and idea to increase the traffic and discussion here at FSt.

Brian
    I apologize Rookie, but I think this is the wrong direction to take for more traffic. Is the added risk worth a few extra members or click throughs?
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@14 July 2004 - 20:07

Brian
    You need the forum to be linked to something that people want. I think a lot of people came here originally for the Kazaa Verified files. It was the hashes which brought people here, then they joined in the different sections while they were here. As the fast track network slows down, it is inevitable that any site which supplies tools to use it will suffer as well.

You need to consider the legality of other verified p2p type stuff. Tho&#39; I personally do not see what the difference is. If you supply Kazaa verifieds to members, why not the other systems as well.

If the board could supply torrents, ed2k links, magnet etc then there is a distinct possibility that people would join up. Whether you do this within the forum itself, or by having a web page(s) which provide them is a moot point. That could then quite easily link to here. Indeed you may consider showing people what is available, but insistng that they register on the forum before they can use any of the stuff.

Bearing in mind that if you had such a page, in addition to the forum, then there is double the advertising space available.

Forums which succeed and grow provide something which people want. Forums which try to exist in and of themselves, with no hook are unlikely to grow.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    As much as I loathe to admit it, I agree with ole JP here Mr. B.

If you&#39;re looking at the FTP angle to increase traffic I&#39;d say drop the idea now. How you gonna advertise that? "Come to FST and I&#39;ll direct you to somewhere you can grab all the 0 day releases you want" Thats asking for trouble&#33;

How about (if) you run with the torrent tracker idea you reward regular uploaders with the FTP access. The idea of being awarded FTP access will spur users on to post torrents, the torrents will increase traffic through the forum and because you are providing more of a service than just a forum you may see an increase in donations/banner clicks to surport the site/board.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Poster
    I was more thinking of a universal, all p2p apps, verifieds type thing. Rather than providing a tracker. To be honest I don&#39;t know how that works, tho&#39; I do use BT a lot. Second only to SS.

I just think the forum has lost a lot of it&#39;s pulling power as the Fast Track network has gone into decline. No matter what anyone thinks it has and will continue to do so.

However if it provided verifieds for all of the other systems as well then that may attract more people in. As the forum now covers different types of p2p apps and has discussions re all of them, then why not expand it that little bit more.

As I said earlier that may be best achieved by having a separate page, which requires registering on the linked forum (here). Or it could be just be having verified sections for all of the different networks.

Whatever, the board needs a new hook if it to attract more people in. Or indeed to make the existing members more active.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast