Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Politics Is So Sick!

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    My Dad always told me to stay away from steam hammers.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by hobbes@18 July 2004 - 00:11
    My conclusion is that English is not your first language thus explaining your rather odd rebuttals and that you are a naive young man. In 15 years you will look back on yourself and laugh. There is no substitute for experience.
    you are just going back to where we'd started. "babbling", "child", "I am right because I'm older than you", "You are illogical because you said I had blind faith, I don't care what else you've been talkin", then you have "your rebuttals are odd because you don't speak Egllsih well" rather than "I don't understand what you are talking about", which isnt so bad, at least you didn't say they were wrong(either you don't understand them or you don't want to accept them), I noticed you had spelling errors, I don't bother to point it out, I could use as an excuse but I didn't, I never talked about anything like age, your personality.... Finally "I am naive because I will laugh at myself some years later", what will I laugh at myself, specifically? could be many, my writing style, my english.... they'll never be the points in this discussion. why don't you examine my words after 15 years?

I am no expert in Science or Buddhism, but at least I gave my thoughts. I am sure you are a conservative rightist rather than a scientist, back to my political topic, now we are talking.
    I speak French and English(not first) btw.
    ban band ban

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Originally posted by Biggles+18 July 2004 - 00:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 18 July 2004 - 00:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-clocker@17 July 2004 - 22:56
    Damn.

That&#39;s two screwups in one thread.

Bill O&#39;Reilly made me do it.
    The source of the dark side by all accounts.

I have to say I am having difficulty following this one. I can, however, say with certainty that Philosophy was not in the Science Faculty at my University. Neither was Politics or Psychology come to think of it and History definitely wasn&#39;t (or if it was I spent 4 years in the wrong building ).

Buddhism is one way of understanding our sense of being in the material world. It neither contradicts nor supports science.

The zeal of the convert is as ever somewhat like being hit with a steam hammer, but it is a necessary evolution. [/b][/quote]
    its hard to define "science" man
    art can be science if the definition of science is only based on material and physical reality, art is the discovery of nature too
    ban band ban

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by j2k4@17 July 2004 - 17:38
    Real ones or the philosophical (i.e. "two-sided") type?

No, I haven&#39;t a clue what that means either...just getting into the spirit of things here.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by elitek+17 July 2004 - 23:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elitek &#064; 17 July 2004 - 23:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@18 July 2004 - 00:11
    My conclusion is that English is not your first language thus explaining your rather odd rebuttals and that you are a naive young man. In 15 years you will look back on yourself and laugh. There is no substitute for experience.
    you are just going back to where we&#39;d started. "babbling", "child", "I am right because I&#39;m older than you", "You are illogical because you said I had blind faith, I don&#39;t care what else you&#39;ve been talkin", then you have "your rebuttals are odd because you don&#39;t speak Egllsih well" rather than "I don&#39;t understand what you are talking about", which isnt so bad, at least you didn&#39;t say they were wrong(either you don&#39;t understand them or you don&#39;t want to accept them), I noticed you had spelling errors, I don&#39;t bother to point it out, I could use as an excuse but I didn&#39;t, I never talked about anything like age, your personality.... Finally "I am naive because I will laugh at myself some years later", what will I laugh at myself, specifically? could be many, my writing style, my english.... they&#39;ll never be the points in this discussion. why don&#39;t you examine my words after 15 years?

I am no expert in Science or Buddhism, but at least I gave my thoughts. I am sure you are a conservative rightist rather than a scientist, back to my political topic, now we are talking.
    I speak French and English(not first) btw.[/b][/quote]
    Personal Computer- &#036;2000

High-Speed Internet Access- &#036;40

Posting on KLF- &#036;0

Being able to express your thoughts in English- priceless.

For everything else, there is MasterCard.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Chame1eon's Avatar Super Freak
    Originally posted by hobbes+16 July 2004 - 22:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 16 July 2004 - 22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Prodigy Girl@16 July 2004 - 20:57
    I am a Christian and I don&#39;t buy much of what science says, but I wasn&#39;t going to allow this to prevent me from passing each course with an A average.

Like what, gravity? What don&#39;t you believe? [/b][/quote]
    Nothing against christains, but that struck me as really funny
    I only licked you for the salt

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by hobbes+18 July 2004 - 02:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 18 July 2004 - 02:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by elitek@17 July 2004 - 23:20
    <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes
    @18 July 2004 - 00:11

you are just going back to where we&#39;d started. "babbling", "child", "I am right because I&#39;m older than you", "You are illogical because you said I had blind faith, I don&#39;t care what else you&#39;ve been talkin", then you have "your rebuttals are odd because you don&#39;t speak Egllsih well" rather than "I don&#39;t understand what you are talking about", which isnt so bad, at least you didn&#39;t say they were wrong(either you don&#39;t understand them or you don&#39;t want to accept them), I noticed you had spelling errors, I don&#39;t bother to point it out, I could use as an excuse but I didn&#39;t, I never talked about anything like age, your personality.... Finally "I am naive because I will laugh at myself some years later", what will I laugh at myself, specifically? could be many, my writing style, my english.... they&#39;ll never be the points in this discussion. why don&#39;t you examine my words after 15 years?

I speak French and English(not first) btw.
    Personal Computer- &#036;2000

High-Speed Internet Access- &#036;40

Posting on KLF- &#036;0

Being able to express your thoughts in English- priceless.

For everything else, there is MasterCard. [/b][/quote]
    LOL, we can watch ads here without turning on the tv. thanks for the advice,anway. and I guess I&#39;d talked a litte too much.
    ban band ban

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by elitek@17 July 2004 - 19:14

LOL, we can watch ads here without turning on the tv.
    Gee, your planet sounds really interesting.
    I&#39;d love to visit...could you send a brochure?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker+17 July 2004 - 20:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 17 July 2004 - 20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-j2k4@17 July 2004 - 17:38
    Real ones or the philosophical (i.e. "two-sided") type?

[/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know; can&#39;t find that book-the yo-yo study doesn&#39;t cover steam-hammers.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by clocker+18 July 2004 - 02:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker &#064; 18 July 2004 - 02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-elitek@17 July 2004 - 19:14

LOL, we can watch ads here without turning on the tv.
    Gee, your planet sounds really interesting.
    I&#39;d love to visit...could you send a brochure? [/b][/quote]
    we can watch ads everywhere here, newspapers, stores, streets...of course Tv too, your planet sounds more interesting.
    ban band ban

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234