Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Usa Is 7th In Fifa Rankings

Poster
    Originally posted by manker+18 July 2004 - 21:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 18 July 2004 - 21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by billyfridge@18 July 2004 - 18:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH
    @18 July 2004 - 17:53
    I Must say that I think USA are not the 7th Best team in the world and I think that the FIFA rankings are a bit of a joke&#33;&#33;

I agree with u there Billy, i would imagine the US football/soccer team rank just above Tibet United
    I think the 7th ranking flatters the U.S. team somewhat but they are a good side, they deserve a top twenty spot at least. Reaching the Quarter Finals of the 2002 World Cup cannot be a fluke.

What I meant in my original post is that it is a lot easier for the U.S. to pick up FIFA ranking points than a European team since most of their competitive games are against the like of Nicaragua or Trinidad and Tobago. [/b][/quote]
    I think the US team will definitely improve as there is more interest in soccer these days, i&#39;m not 100% sure but Man United have an American goalie...Carrol.
    i&#39;ll ask my daughter she works at Man United.
    Man U fer eva

2. Lounge   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by billyfridge+19 July 2004 - 01:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (billyfridge @ 19 July 2004 - 01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by manker@18 July 2004 - 21:45
    Originally posted by billyfridge@18 July 2004 - 18:10
    <!--QuoteBegin-BILLY&#045;THE&#045;FISH
    @18 July 2004 - 17:53
    I Must say that I think USA are not the 7th Best team in the world and I think that the FIFA rankings are a bit of a joke&#33;&#33;

I agree with u there Billy, i would imagine the US football/soccer team rank just above Tibet United

I think the 7th ranking flatters the U.S. team somewhat but they are a good side, they deserve a top twenty spot at least. Reaching the Quarter Finals of the 2002 World Cup cannot be a fluke.

What I meant in my original post is that it is a lot easier for the U.S. to pick up FIFA ranking points than a European team since most of their competitive games are against the like of Nicaragua or Trinidad and Tobago.
    I think the US team will definitely improve as there is more interest in soccer these days, i&#39;m not 100% sure but Man United have an American goalie...Carrol.
    i&#39;ll ask my daughter she works at Man United. [/b][/quote]
    Carrol is the Northern Irish Lad, You&#39;re thinking of Tim Howard, and yeah he is American. There are also two more Americans in the Man Utd reserves, a Striker who&#39;s name I&#39;ve forgotten and central defender called Jonathon Spector.

Can you get any tickets?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by manker@19 July 2004 - 01:30

i&#39;ll ask my daughter she works at Man United. [/QUOTE]
    Carrol is the Northern Irish Lad, You&#39;re thinking of Tim Howard, and yeah he is American. There are also two more Americans in the Man Utd reserves, a Striker who&#39;s name I&#39;ve forgotten and central defender called Jonathon Spector.

Can you get any tickets?
    [/quote]
    I stand corrected Manker, sorry, yes Tim Howard.

yes my daughter works in personell, and can get tickets, but i&#39;ve advised her not to get anymore. you wouldn&#39;t believe the problems she&#39;s had. all staff tickets have to be paid for the day before the match, so alot of the time she had to pay out of her own pocket, and then chase the ppl who owed her money, more often than not they would grumble about the price of tickets.she only charged what she had to pay. and every ticket can be traced back to the person that bought it so if a ticket fell into the hands of a hooligan, and the club found out she could get fired
    it&#39;s just not worth the bother. i doubt she will take my advice though, if she did it would be a first
    Man U fer eva

4. Lounge   -   #24
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I see what you mean, definitely not worth all the hassle.

Originally posted by billyfridge@19 July 2004 - 01:53
    :so if a ticket fell into the hands of a hooligan
    It&#39;s only grounds in the South I&#39;m banned from

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    In canada soccer is growing by leaps and bounds , yet we don&#39;t have the coaches . Still the usa ranked 7 is a joke. Who did they beat Granada that soccer power.

Oh ya they have that Jamaicon kid Franky abu?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123