Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whos Paying For This Forum

Poster
    VB sold to Darker, Darker became 7th Element (tho' hid it and pretended to be a different person), 7th Element sold to rookie (Brian).

Brian has several other websites and forums. There are 4 of them listed above, I think he said that. Or maybe he hosts them for other admins and gets revenue that way. He is certainly the registrant for at least one of them, as he is for this board.

Either way this is not his only board or site.

Prior to all of this VB and Paul owned and admined the forum, however it was hosted by Jon.

I think that is clear enough, for a soap opera.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I didn't think VB sold the board to anyone. As far as I remember Darker offered to host the board to give it stability and VB accepted. Selling only came into the equation with 7th and Rookie.

The admins usually dodge around the issue of how much the forum costs to run but I think 400 USD a month has been suggested (the forum is big enough to warrent a dedicated server etc).

Google ads are dependant on clicks (you can have as many members as you like but if no-one clicks the ads you don't get anything). Depending on the ads you can get as little as a few US cents per click. By all accounts the ads on this forum don't come close to raising enough money to pay for the hosting costs.

The google search does not return income when someone searches. If you search you will notice that there are adverts on the pages. Clicking on these generates income in a similar way to the adverts at the top of the forum

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by SeK612@17 July 2004 - 13:05
    I didn't think VB sold the board to anyone. As far as I remember Darker offered to host the board to give it stability and VB accepted. Selling only came into the equation with 7th and Rookie.
    I always assumed that VB sold the board to Darker, tho' we were always informed to the contrary.

However I also just assumed that VB changed his name to Darker. Or that Jon changed his name to Darker. Or that Jon and VB were the same person in the first place.

Or that SharePro was Darker and is still rookie.

The bottom line is that I care not one jot, and believe even less. As long as the forum is here and stable then that is the only thing that concerns me.

If someone can make a few quid and provide a good steady board while doing it then the best of luck to them I say.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lite@16 July 2004 - 21:59
    You must have been clicking them like crazy yourself then. Google ads although they pay well, they dont pay that well
    don't think so, i have a friend that lives in a county that is named orange (apparently it is the richest county in all North America) and that he got 8 clicks from friends (living in the same county of course) to the google ads from a site no one visited and ge got 200 dollars. What does that mean? google pays for quality clicks.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by CoolMac+17 July 2004 - 14:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CoolMac &#064; 17 July 2004 - 14:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@16 July 2004 - 21:59
    You must have been clicking them like crazy yourself then. Google ads although they pay well, they dont pay that well
    don&#39;t think so, i have a friend that lives in a county that is named orange (apparently it is the richest county in all North America) and that he got 8 clicks from friends (living in the same county of course) to the google ads from a site no one visited and ge got 200 dollars. What does that mean? google pays for quality clicks. [/b][/quote]
    You have this in your sig

The Reason why i do not use Google

So you don&#39;t use it and are wary of it, but you support Google ads. That seems strange.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Out of The Ordinary
    When 7thElement became Admin He changed His old name Darker to The Musicman, but hey Sharedholder already posted that

BOT

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    Originally posted by CoolMac+17 July 2004 - 13:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CoolMac @ 17 July 2004 - 13:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lite@16 July 2004 - 21:59
    You must have been clicking them like crazy yourself then. Google ads although they pay well, they dont pay that well&nbsp;
    don&#39;t think so, i have a friend that lives in a county that is named orange (apparently it is the richest county in all North America) and that he got 8 clicks from friends (living in the same county of course) to the google ads from a site no one visited and ge got 200 dollars. What does that mean? google pays for quality clicks. [/b][/quote]
    did he get ryan, marissa summer and seth to click the links?

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    If we become paying customers surely we then have a right to express our opinions on the running of it?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by danb@17 July 2004 - 18:12
    If we become paying customers surely we then have a right to express our opinions on the running of it?
    Warning: Never pay for filesharing. Anyone who charges is a scam&#33; Unless it&#39;s just a forum, then it&#39;s okay.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by Withcheese+17 July 2004 - 20:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 17 July 2004 - 20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-danb@17 July 2004 - 18:12
    If we become paying customers surely we then have a right to express our opinions on the running of it?&nbsp;
    Warning: Never pay for filesharing. Anyone who charges is a scam&#33; Unless it&#39;s just a forum, then it&#39;s okay. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks for the advice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast