Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Has Slowed Right Down And Wont Turn Off

Poster
    Hi there i need someone to help me over this my op system is windows xp i have a new fast computer but everytime i put on either bit torrent or kazaa lite my computer slows right down i cant use it to browse the internet and when i go to turn it off i cant get it to turn off i have to do it manually. I use AOL i dont know whether that has anything to do with it? Anyway can any of you help me to configure my pc so i'm not having this problem.

Anxies

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    All i can say is that you have to make sure that you don't max out your uploadingspeed through your p2p.

You should at least keep 10% of your download and uploadspeed for surfing the net.

And altough i never used AOL...from what i've heard it's a VERY crapy ISP

hmm...asspie

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    To be honest i couldnt praise AOL enough it has only just shown a flaw to me trying to download movies but if anybody knows of a better one please let me know.

i know my upstream/downstream kbps is 288/1152

if that helps dont know whether that any good.

Anxies

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    muchspl2
    ctrl + alt + del
    find out whats using all your processor power

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by anxies@14 July 2004 - 12:19
    Hi there i need someone to help me over this my op system is windows xp i have a new fast computer but everytime i put on either bit torrent or kazaa lite my computer slows right down i cant use it to browse the internet and when i go to turn it off i cant get it to turn off i have to do it manually. I use AOL i dont know whether that has anything to do with it? Anyway can any of you help me to configure my pc so i'm not having this problem.

Anxies
    Ahaaa! You have spyware/adware (most likely) Go to www.spywareguide.com and select the Online Spyware Checker. (X-Cleaner). This will search you're HD for it. If it's there, select to delete it, and when it's all done, restart your computer. That should work.
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Thank you so much for the adware spyware link i ran it and had 5 dangerous ones on my system i have adaware 6 but this didnt pick those up.

thank you

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    If the computer has been through a lot of software upgrades and uninstalls, you could probably get 'speed' back just by formatting and reinstalling ONLY the "latest-and-greatest" versions of the software you use.

Having AOL v5 to v9 installed at once, if that's the case, is a sure way to make it slower than a snail.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by anxies@15 July 2004 - 13:17
    Thank you so much for the adware spyware link i ran it and had 5 dangerous ones on my system i have adaware 6 but this didnt pick those up.

thank you
    Yeah, no problem. I just got Adaware 6 and it works good, but my suggestion to you is if the computer acts up, use Adaware first and if it doesn't work, run X-Cleaner. I'm glad I could help.
    Random Quote of the Day
    Manny Calavera: My scythe. I like to keep it where my heart used to be.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    oh by the way forgot to add my cpu speed its 2085

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    check your task manager under the processes tab.....I found that the P2P networking exe file was using 97% of my PC.....I've since deleted the file. And I am back to about 20% using an array of apps (klite, azerus and shareaza all @ the same time)....hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast