Thread: Bittorrent Has Slowed Down My Pc

Poster
    right as to the pc here are my specs

AMD athlon ™ XP 2600+
    2.08ghz
    512ddr mb ram
    120 gb
    cpu speed 2084

I did the check that was said above and it seems Aol takes up a massive amount of the space but dont know what to do about that as surely any other url would be the same. Have already turned off my firewall.
    my upstream downstream rate is 288/1152

am beginner at all this computer stuff so hope you have all you need.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@15 July 2004 - 14:08
    Suprnova is not the client you are using, it is the website you get your downloads from. A client is the program used to download bittorrent files (e.g Azureus, bittornado, abc or torrentstorm). Have a look at a bittorrent file you are downloading and at the top of the window you'll see (hopefully) the program name.
    Hi there the only thing i can see on this in corner you mentioned is Bit Torrent 3.4.2 is that it sorry for being such a total newby have to confess to not knowing much in the computer department.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster
    Originally posted by anxies@15 July 2004 - 15:51
    I did the check that was said above and it seems Aol takes up a massive amount of the space but dont know what to do about that as surely any other url would be the same.
    Eh?

The ISP I use requires NO software beyond what already came with windows. It integrates seemlessly with my LAN.
    And it's the 'evil' one called ComCast broadband cable internet.

To reduce the amount of space AOL takes, make sure older versions of it aren't still installed -- only run the latest-and-greatest ...or at least the newest version you can tolerate.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Originally posted by anxies@14 July 2004 - 08:22
    everytime i put on either bit torrent or kazaa lite my computer slows right down i cant use it to browse the internet
    Anxies :helpsmile:
    Use Netlimiter to limit Bt and Kazaa
    to about 80% of you bandwidth, that will give you enough left to surf the net

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12