Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Nice List Of Supernodes

mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Hi,
    Windows XP Home
    Firefox 0.8/IE6
    K-Lite 2.6
    KZN 1.4.0.8

Updating my Supernode list sounded like a good idea but I'm having a little problem adding it to my Registry....

I copied the iMesh bootstrap supernode following these instructions in the first post....

1) Copy the complete text below into a new text file called supernode.txt and save the text file.
    2) Rename the supernode.txt file to supernode.reg
    3) Double-click on the supernode.reg file to import it into your registry
    When I double-click on the renamed supernode.reg I get this.....

When I click "Yes" I get this......

Where have I gone astray?

I saved the file in my K-Lite>KaZuperNodes Folder and double-clicked it from this location.
    Was this the correct location?

Thanks for any help,
    mrlessk

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by mrlessk@17 July 2004 - 23:57

It doesnt have to be in the kazupernodes folder, just make it on the desktop...or better yet, download the "pre made" one from here..Just extract the contents winrar

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Digital Nirvana@17 July 2004 - 16:23
    It doesnt have to be in the kazupernodes folder, just make it on the desktop...or better yet, download the "pre made" one from here..Just extract the contents winrar
    Ok, I'm a little lost...I keep getting an error message.
    "..Just extract the contents winrar"....how do I do this?

Can you give me step-by-step instructions from this point which comes up
    after clicking "here" in your post....

Could the problem be that I'm using the Firefox Download Manager and not IE6 (just a thought)?

Thanks,
    mrlessk

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    you're supposed to save it to disk then extract the files with a program called "winrar" which extracts .rar files

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    ok,
    thank you!

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    Poster
    Im not a technically minded person. When you say import to registry do you mean that windows 95y looking thing that im constantly told not to go into?

How exactly do you mean?

7. File Sharing   -   #27
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Um, dont really know what ur trying to say....

First of, u should upgrade ur windows, since 95 is pretty old. Id say u probably want at least 98 since most new apps are compatable from 98 up.

Now, when we say import to registry it means double click the file, u get a popup dialog saying "Do you wish to add information to registry"
    (pic taken from mrlessk)

click yes, and it imports itself automatically.

There are two ways of getting this reg file. One, you can copy the code in the first post and paste it in Notepad and save it as a reg file. Or, you can just get the archive that someone convinently uploaded. If you did the first method, then just import it like stated above. If you got the archive, then open the file using WinRar (Web site here)and extract the file. Then follow the instructions above.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

8. File Sharing   -   #28
    hmm. I did all that. but its not working. Do you mean text or notepad? Im not sure how to create a text file. I C&P'd saved it was supernode.txt. Then saved as and changed it to supernode.reg

9. File Sharing   -   #29
    mrlessk's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by ||0.+19 July 2004 - 13:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (||0. &#064; 19 July 2004 - 13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>....Do you mean text or notepad? Im not sure how to create a text file. I C&P&#39;d saved it was supernode.txt. Then saved as and changed it to supernode.reg[/b]

Ok, I was able to get it imported to my Registry this time.....

Here&#39;s what I did....(I have Windows XP Home/K-Lite 2.6/KZN 1.4.0.8):

(Just as the instructions say)
    First....I copied the larger of the two lists from the first post....

Second....I pasted the list in my NOTEPAD....
    (I had used my WORDPAD for my previous failed attempt and perhaps this was the difference)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Bishtawiman

There are two ways of getting this reg file. One, you can copy the code in the first post and paste it in Notepad and save it as a reg file.[/quote]
    Third....(in Notepad)...saved it as (Save As) a "reg" file to my Desktop....Icon appears on Desktop.

Fourth....double-clicked on the Icon, clicked "Yes", and received the message....

Now, a couple of questions please....

Is this now associated with my Kazupernodes?

If not, how do I best utilize this addition to my Registry?

In other words, what will I notice that&#39;s different and manifested from the way I had everything before?

Thanks,
    mrlessk

10. File Sharing   -   #30
    As far as I know, all this does is change the information in your registry as to what supernodes your Kazaa Lite program connects to. It doesn&#39;t change any of your other Kazaa Lite settings. There&#39;s nothing that you need to do to utilize it. It was just created as a way to try to help with the issue of occasionally connecting to a supernode with less than 100 000 users. So after you import it to your registry, Kazaa Lite should continue working normally.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast