Thread: 6800 Vs X800

Poster
    I was reading a comparison between the two in PC gamer, the Radeon got 93% albeit with SLIGHTLY slower Frame-Rates than the 6800, while the 6800 only got 90% because it needed a 12 volt cable 2 slots... Which one is better?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Pre-production models had 2 power connectors, because nVidia predicted a high current use.

Production models have been stated to have a much lower power requirement so they may only have a single power connector.

In any case, it is not a very good method of deciding which is better except from the point of view that you may need a higher spec psu.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by lynx@14 July 2004 - 09:09

In any case, it is not a very good method of deciding which is better except from the point of view that you may need a higher spec psu.
    Indeed.
    In fact, I would think that it would be a complete non-issue and am surprised that they factored it in at all.
    If you're willing to drop $500 on a video card haven't you already demonstrated that performance is the only important criterion?
    I could see reality intruding for the purchase of a mid-grade card, but if you want the ultimate then all other considerations pale in importance.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    So the 6800, is in fact, the better choice?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    it varies with wat test they used. i 2 have read reviews, and some say x800xt plat is better than the 6800 ultra, others say the other way around. both are crazilly expensive. knock ur self out!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    6800 has pixel shader 3.0 support (directx 9.0c) which will soon be released, but the x800 doesn't...so in the future you will have better support for games if you are using the 6800.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Oh screw it, just get one of each and put them in your new Alienware ALX and be done with it.

Till next summer when you'll already be hopelessly outclassed by something even newer.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    nVidia's GeForce 6800 Ultra's frame-rates (especially in Halo) slightly surpass ATI's X800 XT. In addition, nVidia intend to release their HSI bridging solution, which will allow one to use his GPU on a PCI-Express/AGP motherboard.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    rite now, the 6800 is the only card in the market that can run the unreal 3.0 engine with good fps.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@16 July 2004 - 18:17
    rite now, the 6800 is the only card in the market that can run the unreal 3.0 engine with good fps.
    That's interesting to hear, considering all the early reviews seemed to be saying that the X800 would wipe the floor with the 6800.

Maybe that's why we haven't heard from Adamp2p for a while.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.