Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp And Bt Broadband

angel_of_death57
    Hello,

I have BT broadband 1MB using the BT Voyager 100 with latest drivers.

When i download alot of information into the 100's of MB's i cannot shut my PC down correctly. It stays on the screen of "Saving your settings" and does not move off it and i have to shut it down by turning main power off.

I can shut down fine if i do not connect or only download a small amount but alot stops me from shutting down correctly.

Does anyone have this problem or know how to solve this problem.

Sorry about posting in here as well i did in internet world but thought this really Software.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    How long have you left it before deciding to turn off the power?
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    angel_of_death57
    Hours i have it on for ages with internet connected downloading stuff, i have also had it on for hours before without connection and shut down fine.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    muchspl2
    I'v never even herd of bt voyger
    if its a client, try http://www.bittornado.com

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Orange_Boy's Avatar Metal Head
    are you sure its your broadband as never heard of broadband doing that to xp well with shutting down
    Coming Soon!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    angel_of_death57
    no no no British Telecom not BitTorrent

Voyager 100 is the ADSL USB modem

When i download loads into the 100's of MB's my pc will not shut down and just stays on saving your settings screen. If i do not connect to internet at all and just go on my pc for hours it shuts down fine and also when i downloadvery little like up to 200MB

I thinks its internet cos does not happen when i do not connect to my ADSL connection. Only happenes when alot downloaded.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    angel_of_death57
    Well i found this on google, its my problem

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...5443~mode=flat

Now the program i download things with is bittorrent, now if i change the settings on bittornado to only accept of max of 60 connections do you think this might help.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@14 July 2004 - 23:37
    Well i found this on google, its my problem

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...5443~mode=flat

Now the program i download things with is bittorrent, now if i change the settings on bittornado to only accept of max of 60 connections do you think this might help.
    erm no idea why this would stop your computing shutting down properly.

windowsupdate should be your first stop and make sure your up to date then
    do a scandisk, defrag and clean out your internet explorer cache before you shutdown and see if that fixes it.

if not try using older drivers for your usb modem.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    angel_of_death57
    I have tried all of that. I think its cos its a crap modem and a program like BitTorrent it has so many connections it overloads the modem like that link says. My max connections for it was set at no limit i have set it to 60 see how it goes with a big download.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@14 July 2004 - 17:41
    Hello,

I have BT broadband 1MB using the BT Voyager 100 with latest drivers.

When i download alot of information into the 100's of MB's i cannot shut my PC down correctly. It stays on the screen of "Saving your settings" and does not move off it and i have to shut it down by turning main power off.

I can shut down fine if i do not connect or only download a small amount but alot stops me from shutting down correctly.

Does anyone have this problem or know how to solve this problem.
    I had exactly the same problem when I started with BT Broadband and their BT Voyager modem, when using p2p

I spent weeks trying to resolve the problem, to no avail

In the end I purchased a Sitecom adsl usb modem, which solved the problem, and has worked perfectly ever since

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast