Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software+info Needed On How To Put....

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    k, i have no idea where i'm going wit this, i don't know where to start and i have no knowledge on video/audio editing (absolutely none). is there any software out there that will let me put more bass (soundwise ) into a video (i want to put really loud/groundshaking/rumbling bass whenever an explosion occurs, it's a little project). so heres wat i'm actually asking in lamen's terms, anyone know wat the hell to do to achieve this? please? pwetty pwease? the video is 598mb, avi, encoded (i'll tell u the codec used after i find out, it's basically bits of clips put together, mostly from shock and awe video [iraq]). so what i want is that rumbling or groundshaking effect/bass (mostly on the rumbling side) when a missle hits and the fireball ensues. if anyone's seen fahrenheit 9/11 and the part where there is no picture but just the sounds of the planes crashing and the "rumbling effect" bass noise it produces that's wat i'm going for, also in f9/11 when they show the shock and awe bit (30sec of it anyways) where michael moore is heard saying "the soverign nation of iraq was invaded, blah blha blah) and u see the explosions and u hear the rumbles and the ground shakes (in the theatre&#33 i have a very good BOSE subwoofer, so i just need to know how to do this! PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS???? :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    bumpedy bump bump?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    :helpsmile:

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    can anyone atleast recommend me site and or forum? i've been looking for days now :helpsmile:

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    If the sound is already encoded in the avi, you can use VirtualDub(free software) to create a wav file from the avi by going to File, open video, chose the avi. Then go to File, Save wav and chose an appropiate name and location for the wav file. Then use something like Adobe Audition (not free software but maybe you can download the trial version) to edit the wav file. Make sure not to cut or add anything from the audio because then the audio won't sync up with the video. Audition lets you add multiple audio streams and combines them so if you add the sound of an explosion the you still can hear the original audio so it doesn't change the length of the original audio. Audition also lets you highlight a certian part of the audio stream and add effects, such as bass, to only that part, just don't do anything that will speed up or slow down the audio. After you are satisfied with the audio save it as a wav file, open VirtualDub, load the avi and go to Audio,Wav audio, then go to the location you saved the edited audio file. You can preview it by going to File, Preview output from start, make sure the audio syncs up to peoples lips. Then go to Video, Compression and chose sometype of compression or else you'll end up with a 12gb file. Divx and Xvid are common and retain great quality depending on how well the source video was. This may take some time but you can abort after a few seconds of encoding to preview actual video, but when you start to encode again it will start from the beginning. BTW what was the codec for the original avi?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    divx (codec). i love u man , i'm going to start as soon as i finish "purchasing" adobe audition . so basically i have to check the length of the wav file b4 editing and make sure it's the same length after editing (so the audio doesn't go out of synch with the video) rite? thanks a bunch again man, atleast someone bothered to help , ever need anything give me a shout.

p.s. purchasing=downloading if u hadn't noticed it by now
    p.p.s. i'm still a little bit disoriented from the fact i'm getting doom3 the day it comes out (check the thread in gameworld) B)

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Once at the wave stage you can use Nero Wave Editor to add bass BUT as said it could make the file bigger don't know never tried.
    If it gets out of sync just play in VirtualDub with the sync till it matches back up at
    Audio - Interleave - Audio skew correction you may have to set to thousands I did for a audio video which was out.

http://www.divxland.org/video_edition.htm#3
    If needed.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Originally posted by cwctv@16 July 2004 - 08:28
    Once at the wave stage you can use Nero Wave Editor to add bass BUT as said it could make the file bigger don't know never tried.
    If it gets out of sync just play in VirtualDub with the sync till it matches back up at
    Audio - Interleave - Audio skew correction you may have to set to thousands I did for a audio video which was out.

http://www.divxland.org/video_edition.htm#3
    If needed.
    thanks, that helped i owe u one too B)

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    problem (noooooo)

i've finished editing the wav file and it's perfectly the way i want it to be and also the same running length as teh video, i save it as a wave file but it comes out to 704 mb. then i tried to save it to a mp3 format, comes out to 49.7 mb (note exactly the same size as the wav file that was extracted from the video in the very beginning step - ie the original wave file). i converted that mp3 to a wave and it also turns out to be 704 mb (i used an mp3 to wav converter), wtf? i'm confused how do i make the file smaller?

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    The audio from the original avi was compressed as a mp3. VirtualDub just saved the mp3 and gave it a .wav extension(use something like Gspot Codec Information to find audio codec), hence the 49.7mb wav. When you edited it, it was uncompressed and then saved as a wav, which has less of a compression factor than a mp3. VirtualDub only accepts wav files, there is another program, Nandub that accepts wav, mp3, ogg and ac3 files. You can compress the wav with virtualdub by loading the video file, chose direct stream copy under Video and then load the wav and chose full processing mode under Audio, then go to Audio, Compression and chose sometype of audio compression. You don't need to compress the video since it's already in Divx. Just save as avi.

Link to Nandub and Guide on multiplexing AVI and mp3
    http://www.doom9.org/virtualdub_procedures.htm#mp3mux

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast