Thread: Inexq Router, Need Help

i am using abc and used to have a netgear router which i portforwarded and it worked fine. Now i switched to a inexq router and i am always getting a yellow light on abc uless i use dmz. does anybody no how to port-forward abc with an inexq router? thx

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Go here portforward.com, find your router brand (Inexq) and instructions will follow. They currently have two models listed BR400 & ISW050U. Hopefully one is yours. Good luck. B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Hmm i followed the instructions and it still doesnt work. I might have done it wrong but im not sure. Does anybody have personal experience working with this router with bittorent? btw, when i set up the port forwarding i made 6969 my trigger port, selected tcp, then made the public ports 6881-6999 also tcp. then i did hte same but selected udp instead. I even tried combinations of both tcp and udp but it still doesnt work.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    never used that router, but your sure you have configured the ports right?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ok I never used that router ether But, I suggest you switch your ports to some other range in 49152 - 65535. Some isp's like to blacklist the bt ports. You should use less than 25 ports.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by toxin@10 July 2004 - 17:05
    Hmm i followed the instructions and it still doesnt work. I might have done it wrong but im not sure. Does anybody have personal experience working with this router with bittorent? btw, when i set up the port forwarding i made 6969 my trigger port, selected tcp, then made the public ports 6881-6999 also tcp. then i did hte same but selected udp instead. I even tried combinations of both tcp and udp but it still doesnt work.
    BitTorrent only needs ip ports 6881-6899 forwarded AT MOST.

You should have made ip port 6881 the TRIGGER PORT, as this is the one to see activity first -- thus triggering the forwarding of the other ports.

With your setup, forwarding would ONLY occur if something was received/sent on ip port 6969 -- which BitTorrent never uses by default!

However, you're better off, as other posters suggested making a different ip port range what BitTorrent uses. Also, make the FIRST ip port in the range the trigger port.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    hmm that port forwarding site did not help much. The examples were only for single ports not ranged ports. I tried the tirgger ports as well but still a yellow light.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    If possible (rather if supported...), force your bittorrent client to use only 1 ip port and use it as the trigger port as well.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Does your router have anything that says Port range on it ???

It could also be that the ports your using are being used by another program...

Do you ever get a green Light? If you do then the setup is ok... You cant always get a good connection because the person your connected to might not be set up right ..