Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Speed Can You Get With Torrent?

I am trying to use torrent today, its only 1kb/s, it takes forever to download a game or movie, how people still use it?
    ban band ban

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Your download speed depends on the upload speed of those your downloading from

I've gotten speeds as high as 140 kbs,the torrent I'm downloading now has only 3 peers
    and I'm only getting 28kbs from them

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    now the speed seems higher 5kb/s but its still slow, even 100kb/s is slower than kazaa, why not everyone just stick with kazaa, so we can have more resources

lets bomb the riaa
    ban band ban

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    do you need to configure something to get 100kb/s?

I am using official torrent
    ban band ban

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Sorry should have written that as kB=kiloBytes not kb=kilobits

Set your uploads to 5kB when downloading,remember to increase this when seeding
    Set # uploads to 2

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    how can I do that?
    ban band ban

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    The speed in Kazaa and Bit Torrent are not measured in the same units.
    Kazaa runs in Kb and Bit Torrent Is measured in KB. One Bit Torrent KB is equal to 8 of Kazaa's Kb. So the 5KB you are gettting off Bit Torrent is equal to the Kazaa speed of 40Kb. That is still very low. If you turn up your upload, and the torrent is properly seeded you should see a big improvement in speed. The faster you give, the faster you get.

What kind of speed can you get off a torrent?
    How fast is your connection?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by Broken@15 July 2004 - 23:43
    The speed in Kazaa and Bit Torrent are not measured in the same units.
    Kazaa runs in Kb and Bit Torrent Is measured in KB. One Bit Torrent KB is equal to 8 of Kazaa's Kb. So the 5KB you are gettting off Bit Torrent is equal to the Kazaa speed of 40Kb.
    Actually, Kazaa misreports KB/sec as "Kb/s" in their downloads and uploads. So BitTorrent and Kazaa actually DO use the same units -- KiloBYTES/sec.

If BitTorrent is firewalled and/or you're connected to a 'slow' torrent with few seeds and peers, then your download and probably upload speed as well will be slow.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Most of the time I have a dl rate of about 5 to 10 kbits/sec. But sometimes it gets up to 100, 150.
    Doesn't this also depend on how many people are downloading the movie? I think it does, just like this matters in Kazaa... I'm not really sure though.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    It's always better to have a hole in the ozon layer than to have an ozon layer in your hole.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Originally posted by elitek@15 July 2004 - 11:22
    now the speed seems higher 5kb/s but its still slow, even 100kb/s is slower than kazaa, why not everyone just stick with kazaa, so we can have more resources

lets bomb the riaa
    Cause kazaa sucks for everything but pr0n and music. Tons of fakes.

My max speed from BitTornado was 456 kB/s. Ive gotten over 400 quit a few times.

If you download from private sites such as torrentbits.org and filelist you will get very good speeds.

Btw, kazaa is leechers haven... BT is for real filesharers.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast