Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verifing Dmi Pool Data........?

Poster
    New comp started fine first time, saved and exited bios, then said could not find HDD, but now I see the Sea 312200086 when it starts. I updated the ESCD, still stuck. Help me please.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    If it is connected via Sata then it won't appear on IDE config because it isn't connected to the IDE bus.

And in that case you need to press F6 (I think) when installing XP in order to load Sata drivers.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    I don't think I can even get that far because I am stuck at "Verifing Dmi Pool Data".

I'm trying a low level format right now.........

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Is the drive connected by Sata?

Why (and how) are you doing a low level format? It has nothing at all to do with Dmi pool data.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    Yes it is connected by SATA and I thought that doing a format may allow my to install Windows.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    You should have a floppy disk which came with your system.

It will have the Sata drivers for XP.

But it may be looking for a boot device, one of which needs to be your CD drive so that is can load from your XP installation disk, and it is possible that it isn't configured that way in the bios.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    So I need to try to install windows again with the SATA drivers on the seperate disk?

Ok...Windows is installing now, I hope everything will work. except it is formatting the hdd eventhough it already did.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Windows formatting is at a different level from the low level format you have just done.

Low level formatting uses bios routines, windows doesn't use the bios to access disks so if you haven't installed the drivers it will tell you that it can't find the hard drive.

Hopefully everything will be ok from this point on.

BTW, how big is your drive? If it is above 136GB you can only see the first 136GB until you have installed SP1, just thought I'd mention that so you don't worry later.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    My drive is 120 GB. Thank you for all of your help thus far, hopefully everything runs smoothly from here on out.

Thanks....
    Nate

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    This has been a very confusing thread...

first the drive isn't detected, then all of a sudden it says something about a lake (or maybe a sea ), then it goes swimming in a pool (Where'd the pool come from? I thoguht it was a sea\lake?), then u formatted on teh down low, and finally somehow windows start formatting the drive and now it's installing.

im kinda jk, but this has been a kind of confusin' thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast