Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glen Danzig Gets Knocked Out

Originally posted by muchspl2@16 July 2004 - 01:44
    :/
    that sucks, and I don't have soul seek yet so guess we lost another OG member
    What is OG?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    original gangsta

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Originally posted by ziggyjuarez@16 July 2004 - 05:35
    original gangsta
    I have always wondered what that meant.

I was going to ask someone on offtopic but you know how they are lol.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    old guard, it suddenly struck me. Now called original gangsta by the leet

Funky will be back, as it was his protestations that lead to the ban of Sam4. He was pissed that he was ignored when he complained that Sam (under the proxy of Chevy") crashed his computer with a PM.

Now he has won the day, unless he is unaware of the ban.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    I can't say I'm surprised his protests were ignored, I can't see how a PM could cause a system crash, though a link in the PM possibly could.

And if I remember correctly I think I've heard FC say before now that he doesn't believe in Firewalls, Anti-virus etc. If so, a link given by Sam4 which had dangerous elements in it could have crashed FC's computer, with Sam4 (or Chevy) completely unaware of the danger.

Of course, the firewall stuff may be old hat (or I could even be thinking of the wrong person), but in that case I think the likelyhood of a link causing that sort of problem is even more remote.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by lynx@16 July 2004 - 03:33
    I can't say I'm surprised his protests were ignored, I can't see how a PM could cause a system crash, though a link in the PM possibly could.

And if I remember correctly I think I've heard FC say before now that he doesn't believe in Firewalls, Anti-virus etc. If so, a link given by Sam4 which had dangerous elements in it could have crashed FC's computer, with Sam4 (or Chevy) completely unaware of the danger.

Of course, the firewall stuff may be old hat (or I could even be thinking of the wrong person), but in that case I think the likelyhood of a link causing that sort of problem is even more remote.
    Out of my league old bean.

The gist I got was that the link or file contained in the PM did crash Funky's computer. And as the melodrama unfolded, SAm threatened to do it again.

I guess the real point was that the PM was not sent as a friendly exchange, but as a malicious attempt to fuck with Funky.

Based on what we know about Sam, he is pretty knowledgable about computers and how to cause havoc.

Anyway, banning for 2 months would be my punishment, as SAm is not really out to hurt the forum, but does exhibit poor judgement from time to time.

Forever is a mighty long time, forever is for hypo, gungrave, and other fools, not SAm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12