Thread: Google Ads Images...

I think this is the first time I seen a Google ad that is a image. When did they start doing this? Are they now becoming like every other banner ad companies like DoubleClick

Image Resized
    [img]http://img19.exs.cx/img19/2466/googleads.png' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #2
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Google has been offering this for a couple of months already.

They are not becoming like Double click because you have the choice of displaying text ads only, graphical ads only, or both.

The graphical ads are still based on the content of your website. So you won't have a automobile advert on a software website.

I'm pretty sure DoubleClick does display ads based on keywords placed on your website.

P.S. Anti-Spam =

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Google sucks. I been seeing it alot. And most of the ads use javascript which sucks even more at least for the poor folks that have it enabled.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #4
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    That's media for ya...probably needing some more money to pay for all those gig's and gig's of server space needed for Gmail.

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #5
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It was before they implemented the google search thing. I've enabled them on some of my pages but have yet to see one (though the ad blocker I'm using now removes all Google banner ads).