Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Justice Is Not Black And White

Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+17 July 2004 - 03:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 17 July 2004 - 03:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Prodigy Girl@17 July 2004 - 00:41
    <!--QuoteBegin-brenda
    @16 July 2004 - 10:24
    ...If the mods were the criminal justice system would all all crime be punishable by death?

From what I&#39;ve seen so far, no, not all crime. Aren&#39;t criminals (members who break rules) given warnings, moderation, and such for small/medium offences? Afterwards, if criminals continue on with their life of crime (or if they commit a large crime), then don&#39;t they receive the death penalty (aka ban from the board)?
    However under a reasonable criminal justice system repeated trivial offences will never receive the ultimate sanction. No matter how many times they are committed.

If a person is guilty of petty theft should they receive the death penalty.

What if they do it 10 times.

Or 100.

Or 1,000.

No.

Their sentence should reflect the fact that they are a repeat offender, agreed. Everyone accepts that and you will find no argument from me.

However, no matter how many times they do it they should never receive the ultimate sanction. That is just not right. [/b][/quote]
    My whrist is getting tired from takin me hat off again..........

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Prodigy Girl's Avatar The Wrong Child
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+16 July 2004 - 20:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol &#064; 16 July 2004 - 20:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Prodigy Girl@17 July 2004 - 00:41
    <!--QuoteBegin-brenda
    @16 July 2004 - 10:24
    ...If the mods were the criminal justice system would all all crime be punishable by death?

From what I&#39;ve seen so far, no, not all crime. Aren&#39;t criminals (members who break rules) given warnings, moderation, and such for small/medium offences? Afterwards, if criminals continue on with their life of crime (or if they commit a large crime), then don&#39;t they receive the death penalty (aka ban from the board)?
    However under a reasonable criminal justice system repeated trivial offences will never receive the ultimate sanction. No matter how many times they are committed.

If a person is guilty of petty theft should they receive the death penalty.

What if they do it 10 times.

Or 100.

Or 1,000.

No.

Their sentence should reflect the fact that they are a repeat offender, agreed. Everyone accepts that and you will find no argument from me.

However, no matter how many times they do it they should never receive the ultimate sanction. That is just not right.[/b][/quote]

So the person who continually commits petty theft should have their hands chopped off then?

Seriously though, everything should depend upon the the laws of the community. As for the rules here on the forum, I&#39;m not sure if I get the interpretation as it seems that everyone has developed their own. But here in my home-state, if a criminal is a repeat offender, the court system eventually "throws the book" at them and they wind up serving a more severe punishment than a first time offender of the same crime. It may seem harsh, but shouldn&#39;t something be done to deter folks from doing the same bad actions? At some point, doesn&#39;t it become a waste of time and money for the justice system as well as the law abiding citizens who have to put up with the criminal who seemingly cannot control himself/herself?

In real life, I am not for the death penalty, but I do believe that everyone should be held accountable for their actions.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    There is a death penalty thread in WN&E.

I said there that I prefer exile over the death penalty.

Also public outcry does not equate to multiple threads about the same thing (and by the same people) or saying the member&#39;s name 1000 times.

If I thought mods just had it out for said member, I&#39;d be up in arms for the cause so to speak.

...or if said member wasn&#39;t already being disciplined (and hasn&#39;t in the past) , I would think a banning would be rash.

This is not the case.

One thing I can&#39;t stand is a person that has been warned about something and still goes and fucks up.

One example that springs to mind is regarding the three-strikes law in some states.

Wtf kind of stupid do you have to be
    to have your ass get to strike three
    You know the consequence you know the punishments
    Fucking up three times gets you a life sentence

Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Originally posted by Busyman@16 July 2004 - 23:28

You do know you are trolling for saying that don&#39;t you?

You must agree with everyone else.

What di &#39;ell is yaw prawblem?
    LOL, not trying to troll

As far as agreeing with everyone else? I actually do agree with the supporters to a certain degree. I believe it would have been a good idea to suspend him first and then ban next. Suspension is not always neccessary, but probably was in this case.

However, once the ban has happened I think it important to stick with it. Especially as I believe the rules state banning, not suspending then banning.

I am not against a slight change in rules though if neccessary. This will allow more flexibility.

@ Withcheese

I wouldn&#39;t mod-kiss, I&#39;m saving all my kisses for you

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    *applause*

Sorry, I wasn&#39;t applauding TD&#39;s post above, but was applauding comments that Withcheese made about deleted posts, which were deleted.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Hear hear

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SensualBarfing@18 July 2004 - 10:13
    Ban the little people......

Then it would just be DanB, J&#39;Pol and myself...

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Peerzy for mod&#33;

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Originally posted by Withcheese+18 July 2004 - 12:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 18 July 2004 - 12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SensualBarfing@18 July 2004 - 10:13
    Ban the little people......

Then it would just be DanB, J&#39;Pol and myself... [/b][/quote]
    errrmmm, no&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I meant the little people as in little people. :helpsmile:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345