Thread: Url Open Error - 10061 Connection Refused

Hello.

Well, I read the guide to port forwarding. Somewhere it said that a modem doesn't need port forwarding. I have a ADSL modem. About every half an hour while I'm downloading with BT, I get an error that says "problem connecting to tracker. urlopen error (10061; connection refused)". It doesn't seem to be anything bad because I still keep on downloading.
    My download rate usually stays quite low (about 5 to 15 Kbits/sec) and I was wondering if I can get it speeding up. A few days ago I suddenly had a dl rate of 150 kbit/sec. Is it normal that it varies so much or do I have to adjust something in my ports anyway?

I tried the steps in the guide to port forwarding, but I get an error whenever I type my IP adress in the inet explorer...

So my actual question is: should I not care about this error or can it be solved?

I'm sorry if I sound like I don't know anything about computers. Well, I don't... but I like watching movies and BT seems ideal for good downloads...
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
    It's always better to have a hole in the ozon layer than to have an ozon layer in your hole.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    What is “error 10061 problem connecting to tracker”, and how do I fix it?

* This means that you cannot for whatever reason establish a connection to the Tracker needed to download a file. This is commonly caused by firewalls/routers, trackers/servers going down or being too busy, or your net connection going down. You may also be banned from using this tracker either for leeching from it. More often than not with this error you can simply leave your client window open and it will sort itself out, or you can close the BT Client and try resuming the torrent. If the problem is persisting make sure the Tracker you wish to connect is operating, and make sure your firewall/router is not interfering with TCP traffic on the BT ports.

Source

Guide to using BitTorrent
    I tried the steps in the guide to port forwarding, but I get an error whenever I type my IP adress in the inet explorer...
    You don't forward you ports in Internet Explorer you do that in your router (if you have one) or your firewall (again if you have one) if you don't have either then you don't need to forward your ports

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    thanks Zazu!

I'll check out my firewell, I'm pretty sure that's where the problem is located.
    As you said, it doesn't seem to cause any problem in the downloading proces. Whenever I close the error message the download resumes, or it just keeps going if I don't close it...
    It's always better to have a hole in the ozon layer than to have an ozon layer in your hole.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    From the official BT Guide;

Ignore the errors: failed to connect to tracker and timed out and so on, only worry if your download doesn't start at all or stops when it's not supposed to. Trackers are usually very busy so sometimes your bittorrent client fails to connect to the tracker server, which gives an error.
    Bittorrent clients connect to the tracker once every couple of minutes, so on the next try you will prolly connect, just leave your download window open for 10 minutes and wait and see if it connects. If it reallly doesnt connect you can close en restart the torrent, just save the file to the same directory on your HD. Also in the Shadow Client (and maybe others) there is an option to 'manual announce' which means when you do that you'll connect to the tracker server and get new info about seeders and leechers and so on, when you cant connect try hitting the manual announce, sometimes it will connect then.

Bittorrent Error Messages:
    'connecting to peers'

Maybe there are no users to connect to. Leave your torrent open and maybe the bittorrent client will connect (it may take some time).
    windows cannot find "c:documents and settingsownerlocal settingstemporery internet filescontent.ie5.....

Download the torrent to your hd and launch it from there. Right click on the link and save the torrent to your hard-drive,then open the torrent that is in your hard-drive by double clicking on it.
    No space left on device

The client allocates the space needed to store the file on your HD, you get this error when you dont have enough space on your harddrive for bittorrent to fully allocate the file.
    urlopen error - (7, 'getaddrinfo failed&#39

This means that the tracker is overloaded, just keep the torrent window open and wait.
    temporary internet files content 1.5 xxx don't exist

It is an XP thing, either download the torrent to your hd and launch it from there.. or clear out your temp internet files that will generaly resolve the issue. (XP compresses temp internet files once it reach a certain # of files or 1/2 alloted space that is what causes the error) Just let the torrent run in your client and the client will keep checking the tracker and should resume eventually.
    problem getting response info - [errno2] No such file or directory

The directory of C : /// is probably causing your problems, it's most likely a temporary directory that Internet Explorer uses when you left click on the torrent file. Try right clicking on the [torrent files are not allowed] and selecting "save target as". Then save the [torrent files are not allowed] file to a directory on your C drive. Keep them all in a folder specifically designed for use with BitTorrent and your life will be much easier. Then when you start your client and you're ready to download the files you can navigate to that special folder and not have to keep searching for where Windows plonks the torrents each time. Clear your temp internet files, then make a dedicated folder for your torrents and try again. Put the dl in the folder you made.
    (IOError - [Errno13] Permission denied)

Sometime bittorrent still runs in the background, and if you start more than one gui (the same torrent) it will give you permission denied, go to Task manager and close down all bt-gui processes.
    rejected by tracker - Your IP is not registered to use this tracker for this file

Probably the tracker is overloaded, so the owner decide to only allow certain IPs to use the tracker
    Problem connecting to tracker: HTTP Error -1

Leave your torrent running in your client. The client will keep checking the tracker and it should resume eventually.
    Problem connecting with tracker - (10060, 'Operation timed out&#39

That error means that the server/tracker is down or too busy to process your request. Just keep trying - leave it open.
    <urlopen error (10061, &#39;Connection refused")>

Just leave your torrent running in your client. The client will keep trying to connect to the tracker. When you&#39;re already downloading, just ignore it.
    Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error(10055, &#39;No buffer space available&#39>

A lot of routes in your routing table (due to a misconfigured router, or misconfigured default route), Lots of stale
    connections in your connection table, Or a lot of data that is pending for sending or receiving on a current connection(s), which can&#39;t be sent or received for some reason (destination system dead or unreachable, for example). Opening too many sockets at the same time. Probably don&#39;t have enough free space on your hard drive.

Problem connecting with tracker - (10054,&#39;Connection reset by peer&#39
    This occurs when an established connection is shut down for some reason by the remote computer, just ignore it.

&#39;Problem connecting to tracker. HTTP error 503: service unavailable&#39;
    Have you tried using torrentspy to check on the tracker&#39;s status? Maybe the tracker is down for a rest or something bad happened

Piece XXX failed hash check, re-downloading it
    Bittorent downloaded a wrong packet, so it&#39;s redownloading it, just ignore it.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Hey thanks&#33;

Or... check out the www.filelist.org site, click blacklisted?, download bittornado and set your ports.
    No more errors.
    Better speed.
    Problems solved&#33;
    You just need to mess around a bit with the preferences ... I changed the port range (on the right of the screen and everythings works. Cool&#33;
    It&#39;s always better to have a hole in the ozon layer than to have an ozon layer in your hole.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    ABC contains BitToranado
    and has some additional features, you might want to check it out

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --