Thread: File Extension, I Know Its Not An .exe

slim150's Avatar Poster
    I'm downloading a file from kazza with the file name:

Quark-Xpress-Multilang-Final.EXE

its supposed to be a mac program and i'm pretty sure that the file isn't an exe anyway that they just did that so the serach could find it better, but, anyone have an idea what i should change the file to?
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    _
    .sit ?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    we'll see, its gonna be done it about 5 mins , meaning 20 im sure, but what other types are there, does bin work on mac too?
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    oh and how do i burn an image file with a bin without a cue, nero looks for cues not bins, or should i just burn as data?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    i changed it to .sit and when i put it on the mac it said this doesnt appear to be compressed or incoded etc.. the same thing when i burned it as a .bin but only as a data bin not like a real image because i'm still unsure how to do that. Any other suggestions?