Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cod Question?

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    i want to play cod because i played it for 10 min at radio shack yesterday and it was pretty fun.

i was going to buy it but then i looked at the spec requirements.

600mhx with 32mb card

i have 800mhz with a 32mb card and 384mb of ram.

if i played with the settings on lowest would it run smoothly on single playr and mp in a server wiht like 16 ppl?

2. Games   -   #2
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    it'll run on lowest settings but a word of caution, MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE that ur card is 100% directx9.0 compatible or else u just bought urself paperweight. i also had a 32mb card and tryed to play COD didn't work (u'll know wat i mean if u try it). and to my knowledge i don't think there are too many 100% directx9.0 32mb compatible cards out there on the market, but give it a shot. 16 ppl on MP? not sure it'll probably lag at most, but hell the whole game will lag at 800mhz, but u could try it, i ran the game at avg 20 fps wit (wit low-medium settings, mostly low):

1.2 ghz amd
    128 mb geforce fx5200 (crappiest card on earth but gets the job done)
    384 mb ram (at that time)

but the upgrade is worth it, COD is a really good game that can only truly be experienced wit high settings, and since DooM3 and HL2 are around the corner, mite as well upgrade. just my 2 cents.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

3. Games   -   #3
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    What's COD?

4. Games   -   #4
    i have a geforce 2 mx220 and im using 9.ob right now and im running bf1942 and sof2 with no problems.

ill download it first to c how it runs and if i like it ill buy it.

thanks

cant upgrade rightn ow cause if i do one thing ill need to another.

to get new processer i need a new MOBO

and wuts the point of running a amd 2600 with a 32mb vid card.

my b-days in november so thats what im getting.

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@16 July 2004 - 16:59
    i have a geforce 2 mx220 and im using 9.ob right now and im running bf1942 and sof2 with no problems.

ill download it first to c how it runs and if i like it ill buy it.

thanks

cant upgrade rightn ow cause if i do one thing ill need to another.

to get new processer i need a new MOBO

and wuts the point of running a amd 2600 with a 32mb vid card.

my b-days in november so thats what im getting.
    ya upgrading is kinda pricey, i'm upgrading just for doom3 (and hl2). oh, btw, just because ur using directx9.0b (runtime program from microsoft) doesn't mean ur card is 100% directx9.0 compatible, so ya dl the game first and c if it works, it's definately worth buying (endless hours of MP)

What's COD? 
    Call Of Duty, look it up it's really good (ww2 first person shooter that wipes the floor with Medal of honor series and then chews it up and spits it out lol)

6. Games   -   #6
    but u think ill run ok on lowest settings? im dlin right now, even though theirs only 2 hours left im still goiong to bead, its 12:30 here.

c ya in the mornin.

and i dont have any cds so if i extract the 2 bin files and just install from there and burn em later will it b ok? ill get a no-cd patch too. i was able to play the demo, although it didnt run too well.

7. Games   -   #7
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Originally posted by TheCanuk@16 July 2004 - 22:07
    i was able to play the demo, although it didnt run too well.
    where are you downloading COD from? if your getting it off mirc it comes with the no cd crack and PizaaDoX trainer.You should probbly look into gettin a new video card or possibley look into gettin new comp or upgrade your current pc.

btw: if you tried the demo and it ran shitty then the full game isnt gonna run any different.

8. Games   -   #8
    Originally posted by mofos+16 July 2004 - 21:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mofos @ 16 July 2004 - 21:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheCanuk@16 July 2004 - 22:07
    i was able to play the demo, although it didnt run too well.
    where are you downloading COD from? if your getting it off mirc it comes with the no cd crack and PizaaDoX trainer.You should probbly look into gettin a new video card or possibley look into gettin new comp or upgrade your current pc.

btw: if you tried the demo and it ran shitty then the full game isnt gonna run any different. [/b][/quote]
    true, just grab urself a cheap 5200 like i have, it&#39;s not the best but it&#39;ll run pretty much anything at low-medium settings. and yes u can use daemon tools or something similar to just mount the bin/cues (or isos) and install it, then worry about burning the disks (if u want to). personally, i haven&#39;t burnt a single game disk of an image that i dled (bin&#39;s iso&#39;s and stuff) exception made for hitman 3 ( damn u to hell eidos ), i just mount em and they work. cdr&#39;s aren&#39;t cheap in canada .

9. Games   -   #9
    sorry i dont know how to mount them, im used to using the cue to burn them, i was looking for wqiniso, but i cantfind a crack, and im not asking for 1here.

how do i use dameon tools?

10. Games   -   #10
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Go like 15 pages back in gameworld and you can see when i used my TNT2 card i had absolutely no textures i was playing with white models in a white world...

cd-r&#39;s are hella pricey &#036;5 fee that goes to over paid celebs...superstore has cheaper cd-rs i think
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast