Thread: Bug On All Kl Codecs Version[usb Camera]

all the time that I'm install KL Mega codecs , my usb camera stop
    working on NetMeeting or the other person , that I speak whit him on
    NetMeeting , told me that he see the picture upside down.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Uninstall and then reinstall with less components installed to find out which component is responsable for your problem. Then post the name of that component here.
    Member No.: 82,000

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    uninstall and DELEATE your codec pack!. get a copy of GSPOT and download teh codecs INDIVUDUALLY as and when needed.

codec PACKS (especally KL) are EVIL and should be avoided at all costs. the best way to get codecs is to get what you need when you need it. thats where gspot comes in handy. it will tell you what codec's a particlar file needs then just google for that SINGLE codec.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by beeman@26 July 2004 - 16:15
    uninstall and DELEATE your codec pack!. get a copy of GSPOT and download teh codecs INDIVUDUALLY as and when needed.

codec PACKS (especally KL) are EVIL and should be avoided at all costs. the best way to get codecs is to get what you need when you need it. thats where gspot comes in handy. it will tell you what codec's a particlar file needs then just google for that SINGLE codec.
    Care to elaborate why it is evil in your opinion?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    generally codec packs (especally KL) tend to include porley complied versions of open source codecs which cause internal conflcts. pluse there tendancy to contain dupes leading to 'green screen' errors. along with the fact codecs are DESIGNED to be installed seperatly NOT intsalled in ONE installer.

and btw its not just my oppinion, doom9, vcdhelp, vcdquality and most boards releting to audio/visual playback tend to agree. the cleansest way to install codecs is seperatly

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    oh yer and i didnt mean to sound confruntationable (sp?) at all its just every day i get some1 hasking me for codec help and its always the same problem. GREEN SCREEN caused by codec conflicts. and 99% of the people ive helped with this issue used KL (till i educated them in the art of finding what you need seperatly)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    generally codec packs (especally KL) tend to include porley complied versions of open source codecs which cause internal conflcts. pluse there tendancy to contain dupes leading to 'green screen' errors. along with the fact codecs are DESIGNED to be installed seperatly NOT intsalled in ONE installer.
    Funny, because almost all files originate from official websites/installers. Can you give an example?

oh yer and i didnt mean to sound confruntationable (sp?) at all its just every day i get some1 hasking me for codec help and its always the same problem. GREEN SCREEN caused by codec conflicts. and 99% of the people ive helped with this issue used KL (till i educated them in the art of finding what you need seperatl
    I haven't heard of anyone with the green smudge problem for ages. Perhaps you are referring to a very old version? Or are you confusing it with the Nimo Codec Pack?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Since I Reinstall my windows every week , I try to install KL Codecs Mega Pack
    and didn't install those codecs:
    * Ligos Indeo XP [version 5.2820.15.58]
    * Intel Indeo [version 4.51.16.2]
    * Intel Indeo [version 3.24.15.03]
    * Intel I.263 [version 2.55.1.16]

and now my usb camera working great!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thanks for the info.

It would be great if you could minimize the problem to a single codec.

Also please post some info about your usb camera (brand, type, etc). Might be helpfull for others with similar problems.