Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is America The Most Violent Country In The World

Originally posted by J'Pol@18 July 2004 - 15:24
    My weapon of choice is the potato.
    Oh yes, Old Bean, we all know about you and the "potato" of the fermented variety.

The "potato" fortifies the soul and the bottle is a nice bludgeoning instrument.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J'Pol@18 July 2004 - 12:31
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://www.tommasi.org/spud/spud8.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Do you think he fires entire potatoes.
    Yes.

I first built a basic model out of off-the-shelf PVC plumbing, with a piezo-electric igniter, powered by AquaNet hairspray.

I bevel-cut the muzzle to auto-trim/form the potato.

It would shoot a spud 1500 feet easily, take out a car windshield at 75 feet (90 degree impact), and, if you shoot it after dusk, you could see two foot flame at the muzzle.

I still have it in the back of the closet.

Quite a bit of fun; moreso when combined with even minimal quantities of apple.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    I smell a comeback:

If you've ever taken a beer to a job interview, you might be a redneck.

If your family tree does not branch, you might be a redneck

But most importantly, if you have ever constructed a weapon from off-the-shelf PVC plumbing, with a piezo-electric igniter and powered by AquaNet hairspray for the sole purpose of putting out car windows with a starchy tuber......You might be a redneck!

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by hobbes@18 July 2004 - 12:53
    I smell a comeback:

If you've ever taken a beer to a job interview, you might be a redneck.

If your family tree does not branch, you might be a redneck

But most importantly, if you have ever constructed a weapon from off-the-shelf PVC plumbing, with a piezo-electric igniter and powered by AquaNet hairspray for the sole purpose of putting out car windows with a starchy tuber......You might be a redneck!
    Yeah, but Jeff hires his done.

I can build them myself.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+18 July 2004 - 18:33--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 18 July 2004 - 18:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@18 July 2004 - 15:24
    My weapon of choice is the potato.
    Oh yes, Old Bean, we all know about you and the "potato" of the fermented variety.

The "potato" fortifies the soul and the bottle is a nice bludgeoning instrument. [/b][/quote]
    Oh no, no, no. With my Irish heritage the potato is for eating purposes only.

T&#39;Apple, that&#39;s the lad you want to ferment.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    The Irish potato famine, probably a big reason I am an American, not an a citizen of the UK.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by hobbes@18 July 2004 - 17:21

As for people coming to my front door, it simply explodes on contact.
    This seems very reasonable to me although neighbours might complain about the body parts deposited on their lawns.

I assume it would be considered absolutely out of order to biff any one with a bald eagle.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Originally posted by Biggles+18 July 2004 - 21:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles &#064; 18 July 2004 - 21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@18 July 2004 - 17:21

This seems very reasonable to me although neighbours might complain about the body parts deposited on their lawns.

I assume it would be considered absolutely out of order to biff any one with a bald eagle. [/b][/quote]
    Yes, you can "flip the bird"

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.bonestamp.com/bonestamp/images/thefinger.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

but you cannot hit someone with it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles+19 July 2004 - 00:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 19 July 2004 - 00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@18 July 2004 - 17:21

I assume it would be considered absolutely out of order to biff any one with a bald eagle. [/b][/quote]
    How often do you see someone with a bald eagle.

Think it through man, don&#39;t just jump in.

(Please note how I joined the words some and one, to make the new word, someone. You may wish to try the same thing with the words any and one. It&#39;s a matter for you.)

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by hobbes@18 July 2004 - 18:24

S&#39;me

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast