Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban Me But Don't Censer Me

NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}+19 July 2004 - 12:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({I}{K}{E} @ 19 July 2004 - 12:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 18:53
    I had premission from Brian (the admin) to do it, he told me i was allowed to.
    Then you should have added that to the post or Brian should have told us.....
    Also if he changed your status it would be nice to inform the team &#33; [/b][/quote]
    Quite, that would have been good. It would also have been nice to have been informed of the suspension in the first place.

@ Jude: a mind link to me could be a frightening thing I fear.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    @ muchspl2:

I will censor you if you&#39;re going against the rules.
    Post a Nude Pic and if I find it, its gone,
    post a direct link to copyrighted mp3 and I&#39;ll remove it if i find it.

Similar what I do if you&#39;re "calling it out" for the new ppl here.
    It is not cool, its against the rules and I wont let you do it.
    "But, but, but... Why?" I see you ask, here&#39;s why:

Because you dont know anything about that new guy who posts a question,
    even if its in big-shiny-red letters or if it seems rather silly to the regulars.
    It does not give you the right to be an ass and/or go against the rules.

We all was new to this sometime or other and
    we all deserve a nice warm Welcome
    instead of a SFTU Noob pic.

About the "Cencer":
    I didnt remove anything on that topic, just locked it as it had
    flaming and the noob bashing in it. It is not the first topic i&#39;ve locked
    because of flaming etc. either. If you dont want me to lock the topics
    dont post them STFU/GTFU pics, and dont flame the noobs.
    It is really that simple and easy.

If you do not agree with me raising your WL,
    I suggest you read the rules IKE just posted, if that does not ring a bell,
    take it to the Administrators and/or other Moderators.
    If I am terribly Wrong and Unjust about Your posting methods,
    and if the fellow mods/admins ask me to
    step down form my Nazi-Position because it, I will.

Spoiler: Show

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Poster
    Whilst there are a few mods about, can we clarify the level going down as well as up issue.

Does it ever go down, or is it a one way street.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 19:06
    Whilst there are a few mods about, can we clarify the level going down as well as up issue.

Does it ever go down, or is it a one way street.
    Levels will not go down no, as far as i know unless the whole team knows it was a big Error.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 20:18
    Levels will not go down no, as far as i know unless the whole team knows it was a big Error.
    I was moderated once, it got taken off, so yes levels do change. However I think J&#39;Pol was asking the mods actually.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Poster
    That does seem a bit harsh to me.

De-merits for breaking the rules, but no credit for helping others, or making the board a good fun place.

No parole, or credit for good behaviour.

Could the mods perhaps take this matter to their team room to discuss. People should be able to "work off" their warning level, it only seems fair to me.

I don&#39;t think people should be able to get into a "minus warning" situation, 0 should be the lowest, however they should be able to lower an existing level.

That would encourage those who have made mistakes to remedy them, not just make sure they don&#39;t make the same mistake again.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    It is easier to tear down than to praise J&#39;Pol, same as in real life. A boss or co worker will come with copmplaints readilly but praise is sorely lacking in this world.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Personally, I think that it should go down if the warning is months old and the member has not exhibited the same type of behaviour since that time. I also think that some of the things warned for are at times frivolous, I don&#39;t see a need to increase a warning level if someone has "misbehaved" in some way and stops after I send them a PM, unless the offense is particularly heinous.

As it currently stands, an increase in the warning system is permanent - they are not decreased.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 19:25
    That does seem a bit harsh to me.

De-merits for breaking the rules, but no credit for helping others, or making the board a good fun place.

No parole, or credit for good behaviour.

Could the mods perhaps take this matter to their team room to discuss. People should be able to "work off" their warning level, it only seems fair to me.

I don&#39;t think people should be able to get into a "minus warning" situation, 0 should be the lowest, however they should be able to lower an existing level.

That would encourage those who have made mistakes to remedy them, not just make sure they don&#39;t make the same mistake again.
    Iv got a pinned guide in hardware world and reguarly help out in there, guess that wasn&#39;t taken into consideration by who ever suspended me then decided he/she may tell the team.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Poster
    Originally posted by NikkiD@19 July 2004 - 20:28
    Personally, I think that it should go down if the warning is months old and the member has not exhibited the same type of behaviour since that time. I also think that some of the things warned for are at times frivolous, I don&#39;t see a need to increase a warning level if someone has "misbehaved" in some way and stops after I send them a PM, unless the offense is particularly heinous.

As it currently stands, an increase in the warning system is permanent - they are not decreased.
    Do you think it is something worth bringing up in team chat.

Encouraging people to behave a certain way will possibly work better than battering them with a big stick when they don&#39;t.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast