Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Ban Me But Don't Censer Me

muchspl2
    thanks, and well thats how I feel about it, but apparently thats not how some mods see it

edit: i wonder how many people that reported me have post count over 100
    not that it really matters, but if I help 10 a day and piss off only one noob I still consider myself doing more good than harm
    this is the goddamn internet, grow some thicker skin or turn off your pc!

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #62
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Withcheese@19 July 2004 - 17:21
    There are a lot of people who only come to this board to "leech" a bit of info and then piss off again. They are usually the same people who get pissy when they think their questions/requests/demands haven't been met adequately.
    Folks should be able to ask a question without fully commiting themeselves as a member of the board.

To some people maybe that's all they want is a question answered, so what's wrong with answering their question and letting them go about their business.

If the board is that pressed for new members then gee.....................

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #63
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by shn+19 July 2004 - 23:26--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 19 July 2004 - 23:26)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@19 July 2004 - 17:21
    There are a lot of people who only come to this board to "leech" a bit of info and then piss off again.&nbsp; They are usually the same people who get pissy when they think their questions/requests/demands haven&#39;t been met adequately.
    Folks should be able to ask a question without fully commiting themeselves as a member of the board.

To some people maybe that&#39;s all they want is a question answered, so what&#39;s wrong with answering their question and letting them go about their business.

If the board is that pressed for new members then gee..................... [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m fine with that shn really.

It&#39;s just the people who come and take the mick, the ones who get stroppy when their questions aren&#39;t answered quickly enough, or get pissed if the answer doesn&#39;t suit them.

It&#39;s just a manners thing I guess.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #64
    Poster
    What upsets a lot of people is the apparent arrogance displayed by those who know towards those who don&#39;t.

If you can&#39;t make a helpful reply then why bother?

Or did you emerge from your mothers&#39; womb fully conversant in matters computing?
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #65
    muchspl2
    because its not fun copy/pasting
    forward your ports 6881 to 6889
    try jumping super nodes
    try a different p2p like e-mule mirc bit torrent
    you need winrar
    no realy open the first file with winrar (000 or 001)
    you need to mount it with deamon tools
    you didn&#39;t put in the crack
    you need videolan
    no really videolan is all you need
    yes if you want to play it in wmp, just download the klite codec pack

doing so would remove the fun of the board to me (& other I&#39;m sure)
    can&#39;t you see that if this place would suck if thats all that was posted :/

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #66
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Well IMO others should be able to say what they want in accordance with not only how they feel but also pertaining to the initial subject of the topic as well.

This is the internet not winter wonderland. People will be mistreated, humiliated, talked about, lied to, hacked, corrupted, D0s&#39;ed, banned, singled-out, and just about every other crappy thing you can think of. So naturally as humans we will at some times have an urge to speak our minds.

If I say "Fuck You" and you say "Fuck You &#39;too"" then that&#39;s pretty normal don&#39;t ya think?

It seems that the people in charge here only want the members to think and say happy thoughts and that&#39;s just not prudent with the atmosphere this board provides.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #67
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Originally posted by shn@20 July 2004 - 00:26
    @shn-Hmm I see now they did away with it, but in the past people were able to post as "Guest" which led to much lameness and flaming (use proxy>flame unsuspecting site member) so then they created the Guest Only area, where non members could get all their questions answered, and that turned into flaming and lamerz posting warez and pr0n links. So I guess the Guest concept didn&#39;t work out too well, but I was gone (obviously) when they did away with it.

@muchspl2- I have read some of your posts and you seem aight to me, I can&#39;t call it.

Folks not every n00b is a lamer but again not all of them aren&#39;t either. Sometimes as mods people need to give the benefit of the doubt to somebody, like maybe they just had a bad day or were drunk or some shit, cause lord knows I have posted worse things, here on this board even, that were no big deal a week later.

Though frankly the internet is a Machiavellian world. Some people wither and go away, meaning they were never needed in the first place, others get strong and grow.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #68
    Poster
    If I say "Fuck You" and you say "Fuck You &#39;too"" then that&#39;s pretty normal don&#39;t ya think?
    Frankly, no&#33;

It lacks style, wit and intellect.
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #69
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by oldjagman@19 July 2004 - 20:19
    Frankly, no&#33;

It lacks style, wit and intellect.
    okay, fine. I&#39;m here now.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #70
    muchspl2
    I think its horse shit&#174;

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast