Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban Me But Don't Censer Me

Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+19 July 2004 - 19:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 19 July 2004 - 19:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 17:58
    Am I right in assuming that, if I have never had a PM to say that my warning level is being raised, then it is at zero.

Could someone confirm this for me, I would be most grateful.
    Yeah thats true, however if hat works for me i should still be on 10% however chances of that are un likley because certain team members raise levels without pm&#39;s and without telling anybody else. [/b][/quote]
    So it&#39;s right in theory but not in practice.

Welcome back btw, glad to see you are out of suspension.

I take it rumours of your banning were greatly exaggerated.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+19 July 2004 - 18:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 19 July 2004 - 18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 19:00
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @19 July 2004 - 17:58
    Am I right in assuming that, if I have never had a PM to say that my warning level is being raised, then it is at zero.

Could someone confirm this for me, I would be most grateful.

Yeah thats true, however if hat works for me i should still be on 10% however chances of that are un likley because certain team members raise levels without pm&#39;s and without telling anybody else.
    So it&#39;s right in theory but not in practice.

Welcome back btw, glad to see you are out of suspension.

I take it rumours of your banning were greatly exaggerated. [/b][/quote]
    No really, you proberly didn&#39;t see the thread i amde which was deleated. But i did nothing against any of the rules, i was suspended for 8 days with no reason why, no one even bothered to tell me i had been suspended and i only just got out and no moderator/admin i speak to can tell me why.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Poster
    Sorry

What I meant was you weren&#39;t banned (for life) it was a temporary suspension.

Albeit that you don&#39;t know why it was imposed and no-one will explain.

Did you try logging in using a proxy btw, there have been some problems with IP addresses. Danb has experienced such.

Or did you get a message saying you were actually suspended, when you tried to log in.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 18:06
    Sorry

What I meant was you weren&#39;t banned (for life) it was a temporary suspension.

Did you try logging in using a proxy btw, there have been some problems with IP addresses. Danb has experienced such.

Or did you get a message saying you were actually suspended, when you tried to log in.
    I got a message saying my account had been temparly suspended till April 2007.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+19 July 2004 - 19:09--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 19 July 2004 - 19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol@19 July 2004 - 18:06
    Sorry

I got a message saying my account had been temparly suspended till April 2007. [/b][/quote]
    Feck sake, you must have got a shed load of parole to get out this early.

That&#39;s what I call good behaviour.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+19 July 2004 - 19:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 19 July 2004 - 19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@19 July 2004 - 19:09
    <!--QuoteBegin-J&#39;Pol
    @19 July 2004 - 18:06
    Sorry

I got a message saying my account had been temparly suspended till April 2007.
    Feck sake, you must have got a shed load of parole to get out this early.

That&#39;s what I call good behaviour. [/b][/quote]

The case was overturned on appeal perhaps?

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Not getting into anything here since I have mostly been fortunate in my dealings with the mods and admins here but I have seen this type of stuff happening on message boards since I first started using the Gameshark.com board years ago. Same exact stuff, I mean almost identical, leading me to think it is just a part of the message board cycle.

I will say things seem a little dodgy here ATM, like I picked a touchy time to come back or something?

For members here, I would say there is a little of the "bash the n00bz" mentality where an insult is better than an explanation, something I have had issues with myself (check my sig). A little flaming is not a big deal, you just don&#39;t want to alienate some n00b who one day could have been a wonderful site member. We were all n00bz once folks, every single one of us.

However when I have modded/adminned boards I stuck to the treat people how I wished to be treated unless they are trollers rule, cause I have been banned for no reason from sites too, also done the banning myself. I have noticed here (and this is a minority thing) that perhaps certain people get a title and really they take it WAY too seriously. A pm or an email doesn&#39;t hurt I say, save ya the BS threads like these which have been popping up. Seeing more and more of them lately.

I don&#39;t think things are all that bad here personally, but if the perception becomes that there are mods who do as they wish without reproach then you also get members who behave the same way.

Again, all part of the message baord cycle I guess.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@19 July 2004 - 13:32
    However when I have modded/adminned boards I stuck to the treat people how I wished to be treated unless they are trollers rule
    but if the perception becomes that there are mods who do as they wish without reproach then you also get members who behave the same way.
    You echo my sentiments Jude. Have you been reading team chat perhaps? Or just my mind?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Ahh team chat, I love that part where you and RF......just kidding. And I wish I had a mind link to ya girl

Honestly been on my mind a couple days to post in one of these threads the last couple days, so here it is:

Responsibility was never meant to be easy, but to do so with integrity is the sign of character.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Originally posted by NikkiD+19 July 2004 - 18:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 19 July 2004 - 18:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SuperJude™@19 July 2004 - 13:32
    However when I have modded/adminned boards I stuck to the treat people how I wished to be treated unless they are trollers rule
    but if the perception becomes that there are mods who do as they wish without reproach then you also get members who behave the same way.
    You echo my sentiments Jude. Have you been reading team chat perhaps? Or just my mind? [/b][/quote]
    Reading team chat, thats right i need to get this weeks issue of the Team Chat Weekly, now where can i find Haxor .

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast