Thread: Full 32 Page Irc Guide From Search Sites To

Hello i have created a Guide for IRC which teaches how to use it comphrensivly with many many pictures and examples to make it easier. I would like your comments on it if you dont mind.

Remember this is Beta

www.p2p-archive.com/Networking

Thanks
    Chris

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Just gave it a read through, nifty stuff. My only suggestion, and this is more for n00bz than anything else, would be to have a definition list at the beggining because to people who have never used irc it all looks like Greek. You know, just a glossary of what things are like bot, dcc, xdcc, ctcp, queue, etc. Just so when people read through they don't get stuck up on the mundane things.

I saw you said d/l the xdcc klipper there but I didn't see the link for it.

It shows you took your time with it, cheers

-SJ™

P.S. some people do not like the term warezs since it attracts the attention of unwanted predators. I usually use the term "apps" since really that is what they are anyway. Just not sure how this board feels about the term warez, I just know it is a button word people go looking for when trying to find pirates!

Again, nice of ya to take to time and try to show others how to be a part of irc downloading, cause it isn't hard at all.
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Thanks for your thoughts, i like the idea of a glossary, will defo look into that, about the Guide layout this is not at all final, when i re launch the site it will go into the main site and everything will be linked.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Aight. I just find you tell them what they are about to see so when they see it they are like "yeah!". Screenshots are thorough too, some people write manuals and don't really consider using visual references.

Being all about teh irc /me encourages this type of stuff

Educate the masses and all.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Very Helful Guide
    Any guide on Fserve's??

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Nice guide m8, i was also woundering if its possble to check how long approx till your download starts or where u are in the que?

ty.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Thanks for the comments.

Fserve is being wrote soon.
    ATM i am renewing all my current guies to make them much better and are testing them out at place slike this first to see what people think.

www.p2p-archive.com/guides is the old page

Another guide i feel is almost complete aswell (not the layout, just content) now is 'Introduction to Downloading'
    which is here for now

http://www.p2p-archive.com/Networking/intro

if any of you wouldnt mind taking a look at

XDCC Klipper does tell you where you are in the que and approx time left but this is not reliable i know.

I dont queue hardly ever,

#WX on Rizon i have never known to have queues and always max's out my speed.

Chris